PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I LOVE SPC blends, especially Mississippi River and Plum Pudding, but just ordered a bunch of the new Deception Pass and Potlatch as well.
I have to say, from first impression, and from my point of view as someone who likes to cellar new tins for age. I am a little disappointed in their new tins. They appear to be tin tins with crimped top and bottom, unlike the seamless tins I bought previously. While they are fine for now, time takes a toll on seams.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I tried Mississippi River for the first time last weekend and I must say that's a good smoke. I'd like to try their other blends in the future as well. So many blends.....so little time. :D

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Monty:
This is why I glass everything.
We make a substantial investment in tobacco and while I admire and bend a knee in the presence of Russ Ouelette, Mr. Pease and any-damned-body from the Tarler clan, their containers are suspect and get immediately jarred in Ball's, Kerr's or WalMart's finest widemouthed jars as soon as they hit my front door.
I've got a few tins of Esoterica product and a few of Escudo in my closet of glass as experiments but that's it.
Why take the risk?
Fnord

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have been laying up the Deception Pass for the past few months. It is sublime. Just ordered some more, most all of it for aging. I am going to keep a close eye on the tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.