PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
A few of you lately have described tobaccos as "all day smokes". I have taken that with a grain of salt. I have not tried many blends yet, but I had not found one that I thought I could smoke all day long. Until now.
I have been trying Seattle Evening. The taste starts out very mild and grows throughout the bowl, but never becomes over-powering. I have smoked it in two pipes so far. It stays lit easily and burns completely, but the smoke still stays cool (no bite or burn). It has the same earthy 'latakia' taste that the other Seattle Pipe Club blends have but without any peppery feel on the tounge. The other SPC blends both have perique. This one doesn't. (I like perique, but wouldn't want it all day long.)
Kevin's review describes the flavors much better than I can. I'll just say it's not all Latakia; there's also sonmthing sweet and spicy in there.
It may not have the same room note as an aromatic, but the time I smoked it outdoors, I kept trying to face into the wind so the smoke would blow back into my face. That's not something I usually enjoy. The taste and smell are both pleasant to me. If you like latakia blends, I would recommend this one.
The next time one of you talks about an all day tobacco, I'll know what you mean and I'll believe you.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks for the "review" Phillip, sounds good.

Might be something I would enjoy.

I enjoy a good mild Lat blend.

I think I'll add to my list.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Nice review, Phillip! I might have to try it. I already have one Seattle Pipe Club blend (Mississippi River) on my TAD list.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Good to hear that you have found a blend to smoke at any time. I have grown to like Latakia blends, but they seem to dry out my throat in an unpleasant way, which is a pity.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Seattle Pipe Club's blends are just plain good. Seattle Evening is a relaxing smoke. I smoke maybe 2 bowls then go on to something just as good. I like to make them last and age a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.