PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhat84

Might Stick Around
May 2, 2014
Gentleman please I apologize for my lack of education, Seatle pipe club Mississippi River what is this, is it a Virginia or an English blend 8O

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
Rich Virginias Pressed Tobacco Spiced with Oriental leaf Latakia, and Perique The source of Mississippi River™ ! The way Joe tells it, it all came to him in a dream. Joe blended for 25 years before coming up with this, his first blend. Everything before was...unsmokable, says Joe. So one night, Joe wakes up from a sound sleep, grabs a pencil by the bedside and scribbles a recipe from his dream. He even dreams tobacco! Morning comes and he uses the notes to create a Virginia blend like no other. Mississippi River is born. The rest is history in a tin. Ask Joe if you don’t believe me. Members beg for this blend. It’s a little embarrassing. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
the description from P&C.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Let me add my amateur $ 0.02.

I just opened my first ever tin of SPC MissRiver this weekend. It is one of the most enjoyable smokes I've ever had.

I hate to call it what I'm about to call it because it might dissuade others from trying it...but, it's g'danged tobacco candy!

I had watched enough of Dagner to know that it was one of his go to blends, and thought, well..

pretty amusing.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Yes, after having smoked my share of MR I decided to try the Plum Pudding just out of curiosity. I found it one dimensional and rather bland as compared to MR. Oh well, nothing ventured... nothing gained.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I've smoked most of my 4oz of SPC Plum Cake. I've only been smoking a couple months. I'll agree PP isn't the most dimensional smoke I've had. But it is a great smoke! It smelled great out of the tin and smoked well. Nothing wrong with a what you smell is what get smoking experience. No curveballs here just relax and hit your home run.
I didn't purchase SPC MissRiv because P&C didn't have it available for per oz at the time. So I went next best. Can't wait to try MissRiv since I'm a MN River rat, born and raised.
Best Smokes, Donavan

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Mississippi River is one of my favorite blends. Behind Balkan Sobranie its my favorite blend and has been in my rotation since I first tried it. Plum Pudding is another great blend. Its a great Latakia blend and another one of my favorites. Can't go wrong with either of those blends in my opinion.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
+1 Metal.
Love the Mississippi River, but I actually prefer the Plum Pudding and have quite a bit if it onhand at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.