PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
The bowler that Dr. Watson (Edward Hardwicke)wears in the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series is what I am in search of. He wore that particular hat on many of the shows he appeared in. It's crown was more sloping and a more sharply rounded peak on the crown. Look at the 12-13 min mark. I've looked at countless websites and can only find the standard bowler. It's probably a shot in the dark but I thought I'd ask you fellers. Here is a link.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR1X5pMTbg4&list=PL2EDFE2AAA10CE5CD .

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know about that particular style, but J.J. Hats in Manhattan and online has bowlers

at mid to upper prices that are good quality. Best if you can visit and make sure the hat

you buy is just the right fit. Sizes help, but are not always uniform, as with shoes. A good

bowler on the right guy is a great hat. I'm not the right guy, but if you are, perfect.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
Have a look at this one ...
1240.jpg

http://www.hats-plus.com/p-1240-stacy-adams-derby-hat.aspx

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Given the time and place it's likely that Dr. Watson bought his hats at Lock & co. Hatters on St. James street, London. Find it on their website.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Anglesey beat me to the punch - Lock & Co Hatters in St James. There is the other lot who did Tom Bakers hat when he played Dr. Who whose name escapes but a quick google search about the character and his hat will throw the name up. They also did Indiana Jones hat as well so that should help you find them in London! Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.