PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spazticrat

Lurker
Aug 17, 2012
Hey guys, I'm trying to find a decent pipe maker of Scottish decent. I have a dear friend of mine whose looking to take up pipe smoking, but I wanna get him a beauty. Nothing to crazy expensive, maybe in the price range of a decent Peterson or something. Any ideas would be appreciated.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Rattray's comes to mind. Scottish company, but made in France (now). Iwan Ries is running a sale (if you act quickly).

This group 4 goes for $72.00, less 15% (I think).

t14_6.png

You might try contacting the Edinburgh Pipe Club.

Personally, I'd buy any nice UK/Irish made pipe, and concentrate on Scottish tobaccos! :puffy:

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I have several The Macauleys. One I'm looking at here, a bent Opera, is marked "Scotch Briar", "Glasgow" and "Est. 1847". They all puff very well. I got them as estates and don't know if they are still in business.
hp

les

spazticrat

Lurker
Aug 17, 2012
Yeah, couldn't find any Macauleys. I'd consider an estate pipe, but I'm not sure if he'd go for one considering how new he is to taking up a pipe. You know how it is...that first one sets the tone.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'd get him a corn cob, they are seriously good smokers. Some of them look pretty cool like the Gentleman and the General.

Status
Not open for further replies.