PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Scott Thile has become one of my favourite carvers. Not only is he a master at his vocation, but he is a genuinely nice guy to boot. I have a few Thile pipes, and each stands near the apex of my favourite briars.
My first two Thile pipes were documented here: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/scott-thile-pipes-amp-pipe-bag
Note the Dublin, which I think is a work of art.
This past Christmas season I buttressed my Thile collection with a very refined egg: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/scott-thile-egg
And that brings us to today. The SP newsletter showcased a few new Thile pipes and I grabbed another smooth Dublin in a similar style to the first one I purchased, as documented in the thread above.
I have to say - I think this shape could easily become Scott's signature shape. He seems to have it absolutely mastered.
Thought I would share the new pipe here.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Holy shit Peck, that pipe is f'in stunning!!! the flame grain is literally burning outwards and upwards from the birdseye, very realistic looking and living up to its name. The birdseye on the top is ridiculous as well, a very sincere congrats on that short skirted, big bootied looker! I wish you many delicious bowls with it, sir, enjoy!

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Peck, dude, that is an other worldly pipe. I saw that one when the email came out and I have to say my hand twitched towards my wallet a couple of times. Glad you got it. :)

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
A beautiful pipe. I really like the profile from the top, very flowing.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Gorgeous pipe there Peck. I thank you for turning me on to this unknown (to me) pipe maker and I'll be watching for more of his work. The Dublin is a shape that's starting to grow in me more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.