PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I picked up a Scott Thile estate from Mike at Briar Blues a couple of weeks ago. Today I also picked up from smokingpipes.com a new Scott Thile smooth dublin, along with a new pipe bag. I have been looking for a good pipe bag that holds a decent rotation that I can take with me when I travel and this fit the bill. Thought I would post pics.
Here is the Scott Thile estate.

And here is the new dublin - almost looks S Bangish to me:

Finally, a few of shots of the bag:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
That Thile is one of the few straights I've seen that greatly pleases my eye. If I saw it in a store and it fit my hand, which it appears that it would, I'd possibly have a straight in the rack. The ratio of shank to bit is spot on. The bowl, shank, and bit all "fit" for a nicely balances appearance.
The Dub's a bit too graceful for my taste. I'd kill for that hunk of wood though, that's gorgeous!
I've got no room for a bag on my shoulder between the cameras, tripod, etc but, damned, that looks practical! They didn't skimp on the hardware and judging from the stitching I'm betting that it'll hold up quite well to the rigors of travel.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Peck, you suck. I would have bought that estate pipe if you had not, I was wondering who got to it. You need to lay off the estate pipes, stick to new ones please.
I love that Dublin, definitely looks like a Bang, great looking grain, incredible birdseye on the top and very nice stem work. The entire pipe flows incredibly well. I have been wanting to add more Thile's to the collection, his pipes smoke awesome.
The bag is too freaking cool. The leather looks incredibly soft and supple, try to keep your genitalia away from it. Congrats on all your new toys.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Wow Peck. Jealous on all levels. Nice haul.
His son is an amazing musician BTW. He's the reason I bought a mandolin after a lifetime of playing electric.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I love that Dublin, is does look like it has some S. Bang influence.
I like the bag, but if your relatives and neighbors are like mine, get ready for some ribbing.... I have two Smokin' Holsters bags, I keep telling them, they are NOT man purses....

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The two Thile pipes are stunners and that bag looks like luxury personified. Congratulations on your additions. Scott makes a great pipe and he's a really amazing guy. For those of you who don't know this, Scott Thile created Pipedia.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I like the bag, but if your relatives and neighbors are like mine, get ready for some ribbing.... I have two Smokin' Holsters bags, I keep telling them, they are NOT man purses....
Don't worry about that. According to Harris, he carries one anyway...(Not that there's anything wrong with that)...

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
That bag is absolutely amazing, congratulations. I hope you can feel my jealousy and admiration.

May 31, 2012
I've just creamed my panties.

8O
Impeckable taste.
...in accordance with the highest standards of propriety; faultless.
You are becoming the most interesting pipeman in the world!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Scott Thile is not only a great guy, he makes fabulous pipes
That Dublin is nothing short of amazing. It looks like it would sit in the hand perfectly and I may have to consider giving him a call
The pipe bag? Well, if I brought one of these home my family members would suggest that possibly I'm becoming 'light on the loafers', not that there is anything wrong with that. :)
Gorgeous bag
Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.