PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I mentioned Scott Hudson in my Fat Bastard thread, but he deserves his own topic heading. I found his site when looking for a Poker. I'm new to pipes so am coming to it without knowing who's who. I like Hudson's pipes, looking at his gallery, comparing his pipes to pipes in other maker's galleries, or what's for sale at places like smokingpipes (my favorite). I've made the initial payment to Hudson for a Poker that follows the design of one in his gallery. The process was easy: I wrote and asked about the cost and delivery time on a pipe that was like pipe number xxxxx. He replied with the info. I replied with "I want it, what's next?" (Not in those words.) He sent a link to pay the deposit. I paid it, and it's underway. He estimates about 2 weeks, with his current schedule. He also has pipes ready and for sale at his site.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I was surprised to see the Scott Hudson thread title. Yesterday I googled "reverse calabash" and Scott's name was one of the first hits. I looked over his website and decided to contact him. After several back and forth emails, I ordered my very first commission from him. My pipe will be a Sav 320 inspired rev cal. Life is good!

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
It's finished. I just got the pix. Here's two.

image3-600x400.jpg

image2-600x400.jpg

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
How cool is that. Within reason, I don't care what he cost was, he done right by you.The bird's eye is fantastic.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! I love that!! :worship:

I'm a sucker for pokers and that one is just plain Sweeeeet!

Is that a marbled lucite stem, or just the reflections?

Enjoy- :puffy:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Now you have done it, I am going to have him make me a pipe. Will post details when it is done. I guess the next single action revolver will have to wait.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
It arrived today. First smoke, underway as I write, is with Dunhill London Mixture. I'm finding that there's a limit to how short I'd want a pipe. This is probably the limit. He makes shorter, and I specifically chose this design because it's longer. I don't clench, except sometimes with my Huck Finn Cob. This seems too heavy for me to to clench, but maybe for experienced clenchers it wouldn't be. It's a beautiful pipe, and I'm happy to have it. I'd be proud to be seen smoking it in public. The button, I think it's called, is larger than on my other pipes, and it took a short while to get used to it. Every pipes creates a different smoking experience. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.