PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Walking around an antique shop in Kingsport, TN that had a good number of pipes in locked cases. A couple of Savinelli's, a couple of Peterson's, an older Nording and an assortment of pipes with names I didn't recognize. And, of course, a number of Medico's, Grabows and Kaywoodies. Prices ranged from $14.99 to $119 (for the Nording and a Comoy). I bought the Dunhill Red Bark for $54. Looking at the stamping, I date it as a 1976 and the shape 415.
GZbXGdD.jpg

QJ7GtlT.jpg

U8bmbdb.jpg

wBuuWaL.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Got a good bit of cake to remove but the stem is in good shape with no tooth marks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congrats! I'm not a Dunhill guy, but for $54, for a smokeable pipe, I'd be a Dunhill guy. My obstacle has always been the irksome prices. Clean up that baby and tell us how it smokes. My antique stores don't have pipes and when asked about them, they gasp and look at the floor.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Not bad, Joe! I mean, overpriced for a Dunhill, but not bad for a good junktique find. }:)
Seriously, nice score. Cheap price to get the white spot monkey on your back. :)
Bill

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I also passed on a Barling and a Comoy. The wife started giving me the stink eye when I had three pipes in my hands.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

It's shot in the dark, but 4 group, 1 tapered, 5 Dublin. It's a great pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.