PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
From Mike at Briar Blues, it's on hold for me, a beautiful billiard made in 1964. He has a couple of other Dunhill billiards I wish I could afford to buy, especially the 1968 Bruyere Billiard.
1964 DUNHILL BRUYERE

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Congrats on a great score. Enjoy with happy smoke rings.
Thanks. I get a real kick out of smoking old pipes. There is something really cool about smoking old briar that was shaped into a pipe by human hands back when craftsmanship meant something. My ultimate goal is to someday have an entire rack of pre-1970 Dunhills.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I love a classic billiard, Andy. And it doesn't get much more classic than this Dunhill.
That's an excellent get, pal.
Fnord

Dec 24, 2012
Beautiful pipe my man! I love it. Yeah, that 1968 sure is gorgeous, and an LBS F/T to boot: http://www.briarblues.com/tx18.htm

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Nice one. Per the description on Briar Blue's page, billiards are classic and that is a great example. Congrats.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
Other than that one Boswell ( what creature of poor taste would buy that) there are some great pipes. I see I missed out on the Ferndown panel.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Clearly the previous owner of that Boswell was brand new to pipes when he/she bought that thing. Alternately, it's entirely possible that the previous owner needed a multi tool and used that thing to club seals between bowls.
You should add the 68 and the Schilling... It'd be s heckuva Dunhill trifecta.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Trust me, if I could swing it that '68 would be mine. I'd love to have it.
If you sell blood plasma every other day for fifteen days you could buy the pipe and a tin of 'baccy.
-- Pat

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
If you sell blood plasma every other day for fifteen days you could buy the pipe and a tin of 'baccy.

:rofl:
Previous experience, Pat??
Yes. Only it was during college, and I used the $20 to buy drinks at the bar. My favourite drink special was at a bar called The Armoury. The deal was called "Drinkin' with Lincoln" and was a five dollar cover, and then pitchers for a penny. Strangely, those nights are a little fuzzy.
-- Pat

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
-- Pat
Ha ha, that brings back memories Pat. When I was student at Purdue there was a place called Plasma Alliance that a lot of my friends used to frequent for beer money. I think at the time (1980s) they paid $20 per visit which would buy a lot of nickel beers on drink special night, not being a fan of needles I never participated.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a classic British Billiard at a great price!
tx20e.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.