PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I purchased all of these items in the store. It is a must if you are in Chicago!

IMG_9362.jpg

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yes and the wedding I went to was insane! Probably around half a mil. I have never seen anything like it. I might post some pics if you guys want to see.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Looks like a succesful trip.
Wish I had such a store in my area. Wait, probably a good thing I don't have one or my PAD & TAD would be worse than it is now..... :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Iwan Ries is a great B&M in the old tradition, and I hope they continue to thrive. Their sales must certainly be hampered by a 22½% tax rate for Illinois residents -- and that's after the company "eats" 5% of the tax to ease the customer's burden. Tough times, but I hope everybody patronizes them now and then. IRC virtual tour.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Iwan Ries isn't exactly close. About 11 hours lol. And yes their taxes are rough but for me it was well worth the experience. For those who haven't been there it's on the second floor of an old downtown building. When you enter they have a few old relic pipes from various points in time. The store has been owned and operated by the same family since 1857, which makes it the oldest family owned business in Chicago! They have a huge stock of pipes, tobacco, pipe supplies, and cigars! They also have a great selection of only top of the line estate pipes. There was a rusticated Savinelli bulldog that I almost bought for 42 bucks but I am very frugal. Probably the only regret from Chicago lol.

adam12

May 16, 2011
That place is amazing. Glad you had a chance to swing by. Next time you're there and you have time to hang out, they have a conference and business center (!!!) attached to the main part which has places to do work, conference, BYOB and enjoy a smoke. It's the only smoking conference and business center I can think of.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Wish to go sometime also! But as bigmike said, my PAD and TAD would most likely get worse.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It's worth the trip but if you can't make it to their b and m then go to their website. It's full of good stuff. Their Gourmet English is very good. By the way thanks rickpal14 for suggesting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.