PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Big-Ben/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=188866
I have been looking at the Big Ben pipes and this design has really appealed to me. Anyone have experience with the brand. Any advise or experience would be great. I have been looking at their Churchwarden series as well.
Thanks in advance

Carbon

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
I never even noticed the length, that may a tad too short. Thanks for catching that.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Personally I like nose warmers. They fit in your pocket and you have a pipe to take a sip from on the go.when I started smoking a pipe I wanted church wardens but now I like small bowl nose warmers.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
You may find few comments about Big Ben pipes here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/big-ben-gallery-pipes-on-sale-5999

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Big Ben is a good brand. pipesandcigars.com also has some highly competitive prices on this brand. Be sure to pay attention to the filter on these pipes. Some have no filter, which is preferred by many, others have a 9 mm filter. You can smoke the 9 mm filter pipes without a filter, but some find that too open a draw, or you can buy an adapter, or you can continue to buy the filter if you enjoy that way of smoking. Just figure out and know what you're doing. I have a no-filter Big Ben churchwarden that I bought on a very good discount at pipesandcigars and I consider it a good pipe. It's a straight churchwarden, which goes with a Sav fully curved version, in my avatar, which is the original churchwarden shape. Good luck and feel free to ask questions here, which is one central purpose of Forums.

carbonmated

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 5, 2015
It says it's sold. Was that you?
Negative, looks like I missed the boat. Probably should have just bought it as I like the shape. Thanks for all the help everyone. Being new to this hobby there really is a learning curve.....

Status
Not open for further replies.