PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I just saw the new ad next to the forums for a free sample from Scandanavia Tobacco. I have not tried any of the blends offered as samples, but I ordered a pouch of the Sail Regular. Looks like a good deal.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It has been a long time since I smoked Sail. It'll be interesting hearing your thoughts about it. I don't recall it being anything special but, again, it's been about 25 years since I last had it. I hope you enjoy it.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
i just grabbed one myself this morning. went with Captain Black Royal, havent smoked it but have had the other blends.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A lot of those blends disappeared form our shores when the tobacco law suits got heavy. I guess they are trying to re-intoduce them to the market here. Sail, Amphora and Sklarna were popular in the USA in the 1970's through the 1990's. In my very humble opinion, none of them were exceptional on any level, they are mostly mild and on the aro side. They certainly had a following so there may be room for them again.

I am anxious to hear your opinions. I don't know if they fiddled with the blends so keep us posted.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I've tried a few of these in the past, but opted for the Skandinavik Full Aroma. Never tried it, so it should be fun. Great offer!

Aug 1, 2012
I may be the dummy in the group right now (wouldn't be the first time) because I can't find what you guys are talking about.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The ad is not there now, but I swear it was earlier. Anyway, here is the link that it sent me to:
http://stglanepipe.com/default.aspx

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I snagged Sir Walter Raleigh Regular since it was on my to-try list. Not expecting much, but maybe it'll surprise me.
-Jason

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
I grabbed the Troost Aromatic Cavendish. If I don't like it, the wife will.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Sail Aromatic, aka Sail Green. Had a pouch earlier this year and enjoyed it.
I smoked a lot of Sail Regular, Sail Natural, and Troost Special Cavendish back in the day. They were regularly available, and were my go-to blends for quite some time.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
My first pouch was Sail Regular, so of course its got a place in my heart now! Been wanting to try Troost, what do you guys suggest or have to comment on it? (sorry if this puts us off topic.)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Troost Special Cavendish is a fairly straight-forward, fairly mild, lightly flavored blend. It's not easily found in the States any more (nor is Sail, or Amphora, which was mentioned earlier in this thread). If you like Sail Regular, give it a go. It doesn't have the light touch of Orientals Sail Yellow has.

Status
Not open for further replies.