PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Been thinking about a 2nd car for awhile. I've always wanted something sporty but always seemed to eventually settle for something..."less" (something more practical, more economical, more family friendly). I had the Scion FR-S as one of the possibilities, but probably not because it's such a pure sports car.
...Well, decided to stop in to a dealership to give it a test drive, just to "feel" how it drives. 7, yes --SEVEN-- hours of haggling later I'm driving home in this blue beauty!!
So how obvious will my mid-life crisis be when I'm seen puffin one of my Savs or Petes down the road driving this? :puffy:
11895637285_48057ca345_z.jpg

Aug 1, 2012
Those are so much fun. Love the car and love the color and good choice of the version (of the 3 I prefer the BRZ then the Scion, then the Toyota) Just make sure you avoid the attention of the boys in blue.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A load of pizzazz and attitude, and because it's built by Toyota, it will probably get you home for years

to come. Some knock-out looking cars can be less than great as transportation, or maybe I'm harking

back to those old English roadsters. They were beautiful to listen to, when they'd start. The guys who

worked on the electric systems were called the princes of darkness.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Nice! It's on my short-list of cars I'd love to own someday. I even like the color more than in the brochure.
-Jason

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Hmmm, where do you live, and do you use one of those little fake rocks to hide your spare keys by chance?

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
More deserving shots of my preciooooousssssss...
11917567353_8c26862482_z.jpg

11917566443_4294dc2b6a_z.jpg

We have our CR-V as the daily driver. This is my secondary for when the Wife's out with the main car and for weekend fun rides with my 8yr old Son.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Perfect! A young boy needs a dad with a car like that! My father had a turbo Corvair Monaza S and an Olds 442 when I was of an impressionable age, you don't forget those kind of things.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
How's this for a beauty? I bought it from my grandma -
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.riverfronttimes.com%2Fdailyrft%2F2010%2F06%2Fofallon_to_hold_ugly_pickup_truck_contest.php&h=0&w=0&sz=1&tbnid=donUc6R4p6CgIM&tbnh=183&tbnw=276&zoom=1&docid=_GODnE8s8c3AHM&hl=en&ei=pvTTUtjaBMaQ2QXIzIGABQ&ved=0CAIQsCUoAA
Pipestud

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Pipestud, my Hybrid and I challenge you and your vehicle to a race. First one to Paris wins!

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Thanks everyone.
I actually have to go back today to finish off some paperwork that couldn't be done at the time of sale...Which is actually a good thing because I have this rather strong nagging feeling that even though I spent the 7 hours haggling with the salesguy on the final out-the-door price, when I had to go over to the finance guy, they still more than made up for it in padding and cooking the numbers on the financing side.
I'm a little fresher to the fight this time (no post 7hr marathon tiredness from haggling with the salesguy and no 8yr old son badgering to leave) and I've done a LOT more research and I loaded a loan calculator to my phone and I WON'T be afraid to "pull it out" and use it!

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Annnnd my gut feelings were right on!
Being much more well informed and then renegotiating, all said and done I was able to drop my monthly payment by $58!!!
One of the ways they try to get over on you is at the time of negotiation with the sales guy, he works up a quote sheet with all the costs and fees and then there's also another portion of that sheet showing your potential monthly payments...What they DON'T mention about that part is they've worked in a bunch of other fees to inflate that monthly fee.
My gut feels MUCH better now. :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, you got one over on them - you have the car and haven't signed yet.

NEVER tell the salesman what you want to pay per month. Do the haggling on price and the deal/trade. Then, if you need to finance, head to that guys office. He'll work up a number, try to sell you a warranty and give you the final number. This is where I always say it is $75 or so too high and don't budge. They want to sell the car, so they won't let you walk. I've always been able to get around $50/month off the original quote by refusing to go over a certain number (that is a savings of around $2500-$3000). Of course, the later in the month the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.