PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
It rained all day, Read, Smoked, watched TV. Surfing thru the Pay Per View Movies, I have Direct TV I saw they had the Interview. I asked wife if she wanted to see what all the stink was about and she said lets watch it. It was funny in places, and I pondered on how much more people were curious with all the Hullabao. They probably will make more money with people being curious about it. It's not a great movie but it's not a dud, there are several scenes that Jung does not want the world to see, the fake grocery store shelves, the fake fruit in store and the fact that he is starving his people. Wife and I laughed at some at the antics but in the back of my mind was the conclusion that starvation and death is not funny. The Movie Critic From Meaux La gives it a 5.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Brad
It is possible that a movie that could have just been a 'xmas style' flick has gained more attention and potential viewing just because of the all of the noise about Sony and North Korean hacking.
i wouldn't have gone out of my way to see it in the first place, most likely waiting for it to be on a cable channel, on demand, or Netflix.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Bradley,
Thanks for the review. I have no plans to see The Interview as I've never been a fan of Rogan's "fart jokes and whoopie cushion" type of humor. From the various videos that have been secretly taped in North Korea it's pretty clear that the people there are being fed a constant stream of misinformation and doctrinaire brainwashing that is creating a twisted and paranoid picture of the outside world. Think of the population as captive lab rats.
BTW, there's a growing controversy over whether North Korea had anything to do with the Sony hack. Seems that security experts think that it's more likely that disgruntled Sony employees did it and planted the North Korean "connection" to hide the trail. The investigation continues...

Dec 24, 2012
I love a good fart joke. I especially love poking fun at third word dictators. So, yes, I expect that I will see it eventually.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I like these Rogen/Franco movies for the brain candy that they are. I love intelligent movies, but I have no problem consuming junk food for the brain as well. These comedies are not to be taken too seriously.
As for the movie itself, not their best effort, but as others have said it does have some really good parts. I would rate this one their least best collaboration: Pineapple Express and This is the End are much better ... if you can appreciate their brand of humor.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Only the Koreans on a hacking rampage could have sold this movie to more than a modest number

of movie watchers. They made a terrible mistake if their intent was to discourage people from seeing

The Interview. But it seems mostly their intent is to attract attention and exaggerate their importance

in the world, for which they might get a C-minus this round. The Chinese, at one point their

benefactors, seem to see them as a blight, about the way the U.S. does.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I saw it as well and would rate it somewhere between 4 to 6, which I guess is a 5.
BTW, the choice is necessarily either/or was to whether it was and inside job or North Korean sponsored. Could easily be both/and, which was my first suspicion.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I thought The Interview was hilarious - I liked Seth Rogan more before his stupid comments about American Sniper.. :|

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
It is now on Netflix instant. I gave it a shot over the weekend, but I only lasted about 40 minutes before giving up. I'm guess I'm out of the target audience/age range.....

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
I watched it on Monday. I ended up rating it generously with a 4 on Netflix. This was due to the action scenes from the final quarter of the film and some funny parts. Overall, I'd say that it isn't worth the hype or a watch. I was just in the mood for a trashy movie at the time and my rating did hurt it's overall rating a tiny bit.
I usually don't like anything with Seth Rogen in it. I've taken dumps that would have made better actors than him. James Franco is okay but has held some questionable roles (Spring Breakers). I wonder sometimes if their magnum opus will always be "Freaks and Geeks".

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I'm not going to see it but it's garbage like this that makes me not watch 99.9% of their dung on film.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I saw it on Net Flicks. Its typical college frat humor with plenty of fart jokes. To be honest I thought A Million Ways To Die In The West was much better and certainly a lot more amusing in the gross toilet humor department.

Status
Not open for further replies.