PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Recently I posted about two Savory's Argyll and one Commodore pipe I found in a flea market. This thread is about the two Savory's Argyll pipes. When I found them they were well loved!! The stems looked as if a Great White shark had gotten a hold of them and there was enough cake that I am unsure how the previous owner was able to get any tobacco into them. Worth mentioning is, no offense meant, but I do not like straight pipes. Both of these are straight pipes. But all of them were $10.00 and I figured I would attempt my first restorations on them. I got them reamed and did more than one cotton ball and alcohol treatment and even re-stained them! Then on a great suggestion from Sable I sent them to georged the magician! When I got them back from georged all I can say is wow he did a great job! (And that is a understatement lol!)
But the real point of this thread is how wonderful the Savory's smoke! Both feel so smooth in my hand. Not a sanding and waxing smooth, but rather the smooth that only comes with time and handling. I literally feel the history as I hold them and puff contently. They both smoke any baccy I put in them, plug, flake, crumble cake, and ribbon superbly. They draw so smoothly and have not gurgled or even given a hint that they might gurgle. The briar has smoked enough tobacco that both qualify for well seasoned pipes. I smoke each at least once a day and I literally look forward each morning to when I will smoke them and I anticipate what I will smoke in them. Like some little kid for crying out loud lol. I sit there and puff away and think about the old guy who used to own and love these pipes. I think he would be quite pleased that they have been reborn and loved today. They are both a hell of a pipe and I recommend that if you get a chance to get one do so immediately. The few I have seen on fleabay are ridiculously low priced and I can assure you I will be purchasing more as time goes along. The one thing I think speaks loudest about these two pipes is I still do not like straight pipes, but I love these two pipes!!
Happy smokes!!
img_20151230_072700446-600x337.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.