PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These finish slowly over time, most often to a golden walnut shade with a nice shiny glow. They actually polish up instead of going matte. I have one thirty years old and three others, all with no filter. I highly recommend the experience of letting a pipe finish itself. No stain, wax or other product needed.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
"No 904s!"
I wonder why not.
Someone's got them all stacked neck deep down in the bilge.....
jay-roger.jpg

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
Thanks for the heads-up.

I've had my eye on a 320 or a 321 for a while and had pretty much spent most free time online this week shopping for Savs and then talking myself out of it at the checkout page.

Not many estate deals online either so this finally put me over the edge. The idea of an affordable 320 that comes with the built-in fun of a meerschaum colouring over time seems too good to pass up.

I gave in and ordered one.
My lust-on for a smooth Lancelot and Tundra will have to wait.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
There are a few kinds that are gnawing at me. I love my Rossi 8320 so much that I could go for a 320 in a heartbeat. Has he any left on payday I may go for it.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
These are great prices. That series III Bent Canadian is calling my name. I wish Grabow would offer something similar.

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
The fact the stems are vulcanite instead of acrylic was a further sales point.

I'm not a huge fan of acrylic stems.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm not a huge fan of acrylic stems.
Neither am I. Seems a lot of newer Sav stems are acrylic which is why I prefer older estate pieces from them. If I come across an unfinished 904 however, I will grab it!

coldsmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2016
Nunavut
My 320 arrived today and I couldn't be happier. No fills, nice grain, well drilled and everything fits. My only complaint was that it was advertised as a non filter stem but it came with a 9mm filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.