PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Punto Oro have one dot on the stem and Giubileo d'Oro have three dots.
What's a Savinelli two dot? Is it just the elusive Savinelli Gold that has the two dots?
0302201302028__82716.1440819233.1280.1280.JPG

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I got one of these for my brother. I believe they are called Savinelli Silver? Beautiful pipes!

I have a Brand New Savinelli Silver - It does not have any dots, but the Savinelli Logo on the stem. My best guess - the best Savs which are hand made and show exceptional grain have dots on stem. Savinelli Silver (All of the ones I have browsed including the one I own) is machine made and is much cheaper compared to the hand made Savs.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
I don't think I've seen such a thing. That's really cool. Can you post the nomenclature on the bottom of the shank? Maybe I can track down more information for you (and for me; I'm terribly curious now too).
Sykes

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
My brother's is a 320 but with only the standard Savinelli markings. There's one on pipephil that's just like it, and it is even mentioned that there is no determining line name. A mystery line! I wonder if writing the company would be of any help?

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
I found a couple more Savinelli Gold pipes that Smokingpipes.com sold a few years ago in other shapes, but it didn't yield much more information. They're all sandblasts in that same stain, but the gold bands vary quite a bit in shape.
The old Nonpareils with the horn mount also had two gold dots on the stem. I'd forgotten about those earlier. I'll see what else I can find out and if I turn up anything interesting, I'll post again.
Sykes

Status
Not open for further replies.