Savinelli St. Nicholas 2019 Out....Thinking About It...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well, I think the 2019 St. Nick pipes don't look too bad at all. Kinda diggin' the red stem and gold accent on the band. Might end up getting one of these this year, but still may wait to see what Peterson does. What do you think?
savinelli-st-nick-2019-505x600.png

Reactions: Walkman

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Honestly? Meh. I love Savinelli, particulary the 315KS shape, but aesthetically, these particular ones just aren't my jam. I'm sure they are great smokers though.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My 606KS Bianca is a joy to smoke. My only gripe is a standard 6.5" pipe cleaner leaves you hanging onto 1/8" by the time you reach the chamber. I have some 7" cleaners just for that pipe.
I've concluded that I have no serious bent pipes and have been scouting Hungarians. That 614 could be close enough.
I need no more pipes or tobacco.

I need no more.............................................................................................
jay-roger.jpg

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I have a 2015 106 that I really like. I only smoke it in season though. These I like a lot more than the last 2 years’ models.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Looking at them more closely, I think a brass band would have really made them pop more than the nickel.
011-549-2412.9335.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These don't inspire an instant craving in me, but I do appreciate the hefty look of Peterson pipes. And I highly approve of Christmas pipes that would look comfortable in all seasons, rather than the ones that look like misplaced Christmas decorations the rest of the year. If I were on the hunt for more Peterson pipes -- and I love mine -- I'd study these more closely. I've been blessed with no quality control issues with my Petes, which are mostly in the low to mid- price range.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
I have a number of the 614's, especially like my Tortuga Smooth 614, so IF I get one, it would be the 614...

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
My wife got me a Savinelli small author shape (I think the number is 321) Christmas pipe last year, and I really like it. The green acrylic stem is a little over the top, but I think it's perfect with the red band, and the red-green combo unmistakably says "Christmas!" which I like around the holidays. I also think it looks better in person than in photos online, which might be true of this year's Christmas pipes as well. However, I'll have to say that the Sav 2019 Christmas pipes are not appealing to me.
As to the mention of Peterson, I LOVE last year's Christmas pipes. I bought one and the deep red stain and copper band are a beautiful combo. It might be my best looking pipe.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I've concluded that I have no serious bent pipes and have been scouting Hungarians. That 614 could be close enough.

I need no more.............................................................................................
Well, that 614 is the one I was looking at, because I have been wanting a Hungarian too....I'll be the devil on your shoulder that taps and says "pssst, for only $100, this one can be yours...."
Listen to this instinct Matt. I've always liked the Peterson. Christmas pipes. That said, the shape you want may be unavailable from Savinelli by that time.
Why not both? :puffy:
^^^ Enabler/Troublemaker!
Uh, yeah! Enabler! Although I am too, so it makes it kind of hard to blame Mike for it. I was thinking the same thing...but isn't that we ALL are? Just a bunch of enablers that want to see one another enjoy their PAD and TAD? Well, I know I do...
As to the mention of Peterson, I LOVE last year's Christmas pipes. I bought one and the deep red stain and copper band are a beautiful combo. It might be my best looking pipe.
Yeah, I picked up a Pete Christmas 999 and I swear it's still one of my go-to pipes. I've spent money on the Ardor and my Davorin morta and they do both smoke fantastically each and every time and I love them, but there's just something about my Peterson 999 Christmas pipe with the copper band that I just LOVE. It always smokes great. It has a smallish bowl for me, but great for rubbed out flakes. It's a great clencher and I find myself reaching for it more than any other pipe. I could smoke it all day long and love each smoke. I must say, I do look forward to the Peterson Christmas offering this year. If they make more 999's, I might definitely pick up another. Such a great pipe.

I collect Peterson pipes for Christmas, since 2014 I have bought a unique shape from the offering and no more, Savinelli in my humble opinion does a piss poor job at creating Christmas pipes unless its their $1000 a piece unique offerings which honestly 80% cant afford as a yearly ritual.
I wont be buying Savinelli Saint Nicholas series, for me they are boring with no original thought when it comes to design and aesthetics.
YMMV
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
chasingembers: I agree, brass would have been better. I am a big fan of Savinelli, really they are all I buy anymore since I have limited funds and have never got a dud from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.