PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Might any of you own either (or both!) of these pipes and care to share your thoughts about them?

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Completely selfish bump here.
You mean to tell me that I've managed to ID two pipes that no one on this forum has smoked or on which no one has an opinion? That's gotta be some sort of record! :)

calabashed

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2015
They're both very nice finishes. The Seta in particular uses just the barest of light stains on the smooth and no finish at all on the rusticated, so Savinelli uses excellent briar in these as there's nothing to hide any flaws, and of course it's fun to watch the wood darken slowly as you smoke it. I have a Seta 320 that I like a lot.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Brilliant, Calabash--thanks so much! I like both of them as well and thanks for the input regarding the change in color on the Seta; really like that unique finish you mentioned. Knew there must be somebody here with a bit of knowledge. Faith in the Forum restored. :puffpipe:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Not those two Sav's. Engineering on the different series is pretty consistently good, so I wouldn't worry about that. Be clear on filtering. Most are 6 mm, but you can use an adaptor to eliminate the filter if smoking with no filter is too open for you. But some Sav pipe series don't take filters. Likewise with Sav's economy pipe brand Rossi.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I don't have any experience with Monsieur, and I've never smoked a Seta, but I do have several Savinellis; 3 Nonpareils, a New Art 207, and a Bruna. All are consistently good smokers (the Nonpareils are fantastic!). Savinelli uses very good briar and I've never had one that was poorly engineered. Can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.