Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk » Italian Pipes

Tags:   

Savinelli Punto Oro Corallo Cutty (4002) (pre-c.1975)

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by The Pipe Monk
  • Latest reply from Bill Nichols
  1. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Elusive Cutty

Forgot about it. T'was a Christmas 2017 gift from the gf (currently too broke to buy anything myself lol)

Yes its exactly the one you're thinking about. Sykes in an old thread shared that this was Shane's pipe.

All I want to say is thanks Shane and Kaz !!

More info here and here

Cheers,
    Chris

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Schwing!

Ahem...

I mean...totally junk...

You know the drill...please forward to my address for immediate disposal....

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. owen

owen

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's a very nice pipe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow that is a beautiful pipe. I love the craggy rustication all the way down to the knob.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Saaaa-Weeeeet!

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. josephcross

josephcross

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

WOW! Love the craggy-ness.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. saltedplug

saltedplug

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Shaped after a clay, including the knob. What is the purpose of the knob?

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. irishearl

irishearl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow, with that rustication, that would be a cutty I would relish. Don't own any now.

Posted 12 months ago #
  9. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Saw one of those on eBay awhile back that looked like it would have cleaned up nicely. Went for far less than I would have imagined. Very lovely grab! My love for those four digit Savinelli's is why my 9004 collection is growing!

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 12 months ago #
  10. bnichols23

Bill Nichols

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very slick (figuratively, of course)! I get the appeal of 'wardens, cuttys, & devil anses, but somehow they're just not me for some reason. Definitely nautical, though. Reminds me of the governor in Captain Blood. I must be on an Errol Flynn kick again.

Head Black Frigate keelhauler, boss powder monkey, & troublemaker 1st class.
    Posted 12 months ago #
  11. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@bigpond I am still amazed why Shane sold this pipe !! Maybe he got a better version of it?

@Owen Thanks

@shaintiques I love craggy old lots of people would call ugly pipes. Just like men, they have a history and a certain charm.

@jpm Still not in my possession, its in my US address, once it gets shipped will let you jknow how it smokes

@saltedplug The knob was the foot rest to let your pipe rest on the table upright.

@irishearl it was just sheer dumb luck I was able to get this pipe, a few moments delay and could have been gone to someone else.

@chasingembers Im stil surprised Shane chose to sell this one. Even this one was pretty affordable, got it at the price of a new Punto Oro Blasted.

@joseph I LOVE the craggy blasted and rusticated pipes. The italians know how to rusticate.

@bnichols Me too, but after 5 years as a pipe smoker my tastes have changed a bit ! A cutty to me is the most Zen.

Cheers,
    Chris

Posted 12 months ago #
  12. bnichols23

Bill Nichols

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Zen is good. Like I mentioned the other day, good karma comes in all forms!

Posted 12 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ryeguy, pepesdad1, lightxmyfire, dmcmtk, cigrmaster, jfred, cohibajoe, yaddy306, hawky454, brooklynpiper, rslvid99, chilllucky, zion