PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdip

Lurker
Aug 6, 2018
Hi! I am from India.I have been a regular cigarette smoker. Recently I am into pipe smoking and I am enjoying it more than anything I have ever smoked. I have a pipe from 'Raw'. It's good. But I am planning to buy a sevinelli pipe from US. Can anyone suggest me the best one he/ she came across from Savinelli? I like the models like 621. My budget is under 150 usd. I want to invest in the best possible option.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
With Savinelli, at that price threshold, just about any pipe you choose is going to be fairly equal when it comes to fit and finish, and smoking characteristics. Price is determined more by cosmetic features. I would just choose the one I like the looks of most. I’ve never been disappointed with a Savinelli factory pipe.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I only have two Savinelli pipes, a 673 and a Bing's Favorite. They are both excellent pipes. I don't think you'll go wrong with any Sav product, so the shape is just up to your personal tastes.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Depending on your particular style taste, I can offer that the Savinelli 320 (known as an Author) shape is very popular and a nice smoker. There are a variety of prices in that shape.
Happy hunting; if you work it correctly, you might be able to get a Savinelli and their sub-brand Rossi (also nice smokers) so you'll have a couple of nice pipes to enjoy.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I have two Savinelli's...The Clark's Favorite and a Trevi Rusticated 904KS. No complaints from me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Most Savinelli's have a balsa wood "filter," but you can smoke them without that, or with an adaptor if you want no filter but want the airway a little tighter. Anything in that price range will be fine, or at that price, you could get a Savinelli and a Rossi, the Rossi essentially having Savinelli shapes. If you want no balsa filter or adaptor, their Oscar Lucite series has no filter, as do some of the Rossi pipes. A few of my favorite shapes are the aforementioned 673, a bulldog shape with curved shank edges; the dashing 804 zulu yacht; and the 315 or 315 KS prince. I like their pot shapes, apples, and billiards a lot. But you have to shop a lot and take your time to decide. Pipes can be in your life for a long time.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I have been considering a Savinelli in this price range! I think I would really like to have three or four of these pipes in rotation as I've heard nothing but good things about them. The filter is probably the biggest downside in my books...
Do you have to buy an adapter to smoke without one or do they supply something?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I have a Savinelli 106 Tortuga and I absolutely love it! I got it in lightly smoked condition but otherwise perfect condition for $70 and I think it's well worth more than I paid.
A word of warning though, I have one but now have 3 more on my wishlist! :puffpipe:

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
I've got several Savinellis, and I must say I love them all. I'm especially fond of my Roma 673KS pipes. Fantastic smokers.
CW

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Out of all the pipemakers I have seen, I think Savinelli does a lot of the models I find most appealing. Peterson is up there too, but I'm also saving up for a special Savinelli that I've had my eye on for quite some time. Just hope it doesn't disappear before I can lay claim to it. Then I'll buy my Peterson. I'd like to eventually have a different style from all different brands to solidify a rotation of sorts.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I'm a Savinelli fan and have 7 currently, mostly 315KS's, which I love. But, it really depends on what type of pipe you like, and Savinelli has pretty much everything. 673 is a good basic shape that isn't too big or too small.
002-033-37240_1.7096.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.