Tags:  No tags yet. 

Savinelli pipe

(13 posts)
  • Started 11 months ago by sdip
  • Latest reply from seacaptain
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sdip

Login to Send PM

Hi! I am from India.I have been a regular cigarette smoker. Recently I am into pipe smoking and I am enjoying it more than anything I have ever smoked. I have a pipe from 'Raw'. It's good. But I am planning to buy a sevinelli pipe from US. Can anyone suggest me the best one he/ she came across from Savinelli? I like the models like 621. My budget is under 150 usd. I want to invest in the best possible option.

Posted 11 months ago #
  2. uncleblackie

uncleblackie

Login to Send PM

With Savinelli, at that price threshold, just about any pipe you choose is going to be fairly equal when it comes to fit and finish, and smoking characteristics. Price is determined more by cosmetic features. I would just choose the one I like the looks of most. I’ve never been disappointed with a Savinelli factory pipe.

Posted 11 months ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I only have two Savinelli pipes, a 673 and a Bing's Favorite. They are both excellent pipes. I don't think you'll go wrong with any Sav product, so the shape is just up to your personal tastes.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 11 months ago #
  4. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Depending on your particular style taste, I can offer that the Savinelli 320 (known as an Author) shape is very popular and a nice smoker. There are a variety of prices in that shape.

Happy hunting; if you work it correctly, you might be able to get a Savinelli and their sub-brand Rossi (also nice smokers) so you'll have a couple of nice pipes to enjoy.

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 11 months ago #
  5. scloyd

scloyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have two Savinelli's...The Clark's Favorite and a Trevi Rusticated 904KS. No complaints from me.

Posted 11 months ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Most Savinelli's have a balsa wood "filter," but you can smoke them without that, or with an adaptor if you want no filter but want the airway a little tighter. Anything in that price range will be fine, or at that price, you could get a Savinelli and a Rossi, the Rossi essentially having Savinelli shapes. If you want no balsa filter or adaptor, their Oscar Lucite series has no filter, as do some of the Rossi pipes. A few of my favorite shapes are the aforementioned 673, a bulldog shape with curved shank edges; the dashing 804 zulu yacht; and the 315 or 315 KS prince. I like their pot shapes, apples, and billiards a lot. But you have to shop a lot and take your time to decide. Pipes can be in your life for a long time.

Posted 11 months ago #
  7. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have been considering a Savinelli in this price range! I think I would really like to have three or four of these pipes in rotation as I've heard nothing but good things about them. The filter is probably the biggest downside in my books...

Do you have to buy an adapter to smoke without one or do they supply something?

Posted 11 months ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They come with an adapter.

Posted 11 months ago #
  9. kola

kola

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sexy ---->>>> https://www.tobaccopipes.com/savinelli-sunset-315-ks-tobacco-pipe/

I treat people the way they treat me. It's that simple.
    Posted 11 months ago #
  10. shanez

shanez

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a Savinelli 106 Tortuga and I absolutely love it! I got it in lightly smoked condition but otherwise perfect condition for $70 and I think it's well worth more than I paid.

A word of warning though, I have one but now have 3 more on my wishlist!

Posted 11 months ago #
  11. cwpiperman

cwpiperman

Login to Send PM

I've got several Savinellis, and I must say I love them all. I'm especially fond of my Roma 673KS pipes. Fantastic smokers.

CW

Black Frigate Scurvy Dog, 4th Class...Savvy?

Posted 11 months ago #
  12. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Out of all the pipemakers I have seen, I think Savinelli does a lot of the models I find most appealing. Peterson is up there too, but I'm also saving up for a special Savinelli that I've had my eye on for quite some time. Just hope it doesn't disappear before I can lay claim to it. Then I'll buy my Peterson. I'd like to eventually have a different style from all different brands to solidify a rotation of sorts.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." - George Washington

Posted 11 months ago #
  13. seacaptain

seacaptain

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm a Savinelli fan and have 7 currently, mostly 315KS's, which I love. But, it really depends on what type of pipe you like, and Savinelli has pretty much everything. 673 is a good basic shape that isn't too big or too small.

Posted 11 months ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   shayde