PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblinhawk

Lurker
Sep 19, 2012
I smoked my first pipe about two years ago, after smoking cigars for more than a decade. I bought several cheap basket pipes, which I am now phasing out. I also bought three Petersons, and I sometimes like them and sometimes find them to clog and gurgle easily. I have a Savinelli bent billiard that I like very much, and I have a Stanwell that I have ordered from P&C that should arrive any day now.
Now the Savinelli Pianoforte has caught my eye, for two reasons: I love the Savinelli that I already have, and I am a music lover and piano player.
Looks like it's a relatively new release, but has anyone bought or smoked one? Any comments?
I've been lurking in the forum for some time now and really enjoy it. I already have TAD, now I am getting PAD, and some addition to checking and reading the forums enough during the day that it is keeping me from getting to more responsible tasks, like work. Thanks for everything that you all contribute.
Jeff in Nebraska

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy not only reading but also commenting on the wide variety of discussions here.
I usually don't care for much embellishments on pipes, but that is a classy looking pipe, and I too love music, especially piano music. I have a couple of Savinellis and find them to be great smokers at a reasonable price.
I can't afford one of those right now, so maybe you should buy one, and report on it, so I can share in the experience through you. (not that I'm trying to take advantage of you) :roll:

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I wish Sav. made the Pianoforte in a smooth black version 'cuz I'd snap one right up. Remarkably few pianos have a rusticated finish.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
You can't go wrong with a Savinelli. I have about 10 of them and all are great. Darwin makes a great point abut pianos not being rusticated although I've played piano in some dives where it appeared that someone gave it a good effort.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
I can just see it now, a rusticated Steinway Concert Grand. Yikes what a bizarre image!

ramblinhawk

Lurker
Sep 19, 2012
Damn you all, I just ordered one, the straight billiard, rusticated (or "distressed"). Now to figure out how to explain to my wife why I need another pipe...

ramblinhawk

Lurker
Sep 19, 2012
Arrived today. I'm getting ready to go sit in the blistering heat for a bit and load up a bowl of Presbyterian to try it out.
Jeff in Nebraska
ohlgco.jpg

2wnbifd.jpg

30jivsk.jpg

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I'm not a big fan of rusticated pipes but that is a nice pipe. I have 3 Savinelli's and I really like them great pipes at a fair price.

Status
Not open for further replies.