Savinelli Meile Honey Pipe, any thoughts?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I was looking around for ideas for a new pipe, (daughters request for a Christmas gift for me) and I came across this one:
mie611.jpg

I love Savinelli pipes, but I haven't bought a new pipe in a long time, and I've never heard of this line. Do any of you own one, or know someone who does? I just thought the pipe looked pretty cool. Here is the full description of it: http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=H&srch=KW&item=savmie611

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
No, I dont know anything about that particular pipe, But I have 3 savinellis in that shape, They all 3 smoke very well with no gurgle and pipe cleaners pass through the stems easily, That is a very nice looking pipe and believe it will do You very well. :puffy:

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I own one in the straight billiard configuration. Its a really nice, good looking pipe. I haven't had any problems with mine. The honey / scent flavor is a tad gimmicky and its gone after you smoke the first bowl. But I like mine and the included tamper is kinda neat.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
The honey / scent flavor is a tad gimmicky and its gone after you smoke the first bowl.

That was probably the one thing that had me kinda worried, I figured if nothing else, it would probably be good for a VA blend, but if it goes away that easily, I'm not going to sweat it.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Is it a honey coating in the bowl as a cake starter?
No and I'm not sure exactly what they use, but I think its some type of scent they spray or wipe on to the inner bowl that then soaks into the briar. The bowl is dry, bare briar that just has a an "off," sweet honey smell to it.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
it would probably be good for a VA blend
Thats what I thought when I bought it! Mine has kinda, sorta become my dedicated Orlik Golden Sliced pipe. It wasnt really intentional, I just noticed that every time I reach for the tin of Golden Sliced, that ends up being the pipe I use. :puffy:

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
I also have a 611, a KS, from the Champagne line. Solid shape as has been said. For myself, the stems used in the Honey line just never looked quite right. With beauty in the eye of the beholder though Mark, damn good pipe!

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I also have a 611, a KS, from the Champagne line. Solid shape as has been said. For myself, the stems used in the Honey line just never looked quite right. With beauty in the eye of the beholder though Mark, damn good pipe!
I also looked at pipe from the Champagne line. The stem on the honey line is different for sure, I think that's what had me attracted to it. I haven't made a firm decision, and of course my daughter has the final say when she picks amongst my suggestions.

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Mark, that's a wonderful looking pipe. Being that it's a Sav, I don't think you can really go wrong getting that in the first place. Besides, even if the honey infusion did stick around a little, at least you had a forethought of what kind of baccy to smoke in it.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Miele in english means HONEY. Italian smookers have been not particularly made an impression by that kind of pipe.They think are made taking an eye to american market as italian market is slightly more traditional.Anyway why not ? Do you like it? Is the price good enough? Then go ahead

Maurizio
http://www.savinelli.it/miele-3

Status
Not open for further replies.