Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Just got this today. Beautiful pipe. I haven't smoked it yet though. It's a nice match for my Dunhill 3407 prince.
I'm not sure about that filter thing, so I just removed it. It came with a cool matching tamper also.
002-033-16876.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe. I hope the pipe smokes great for you. I wouldn't worry about not using the filter as I have owned Sav's that took one and I never used them and the pipe still smoked great. The wide open draw makes the pipe virtually smoke itself.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had a three-pack of filter adaptors (Savinelli brand) and have two left over. I don't like it that wide open. If you PM me your mailing address, I can send you one to try out. I'm a fan of the Guibileo D'Oro line, except for the spelling! It is one of the few Italian pipes to come with a Vulcanite stem, a big plus for me. I have a 616KS, the stem is just delightful. Enjoy it!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Beautiful shape. I always chuck the filters and smoke without the adapters. never had a problem and Savs always deliver a great smoke for me. Enjoy yours.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a primo prince shape. I just ordered a Sav Aurelia pot shape from SP, half-off from MSRP. I'd really been hunting for another pot. I almost pulled the trigger on a BC, Rossi, and a different Sav (Cup O Joes special), but this one just brought together the pot shape, extra wide bowl, up-scale finish, thin copper band, slight bent stem, very light weight, and other desirable features. I either buy Savs that don't use filters, use the adaptor, or don't use either. There are other Aurelia, billiards and maybe a brandy, same finish, same discount, if you want to take look.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Ok, inaugural smoke was dunhill toasted cav. Great! I like the wide open draw, it didn't really seem much different from my Dunhill.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I absolutely love this pipe, more than my Dunhill prince. I like the wide open shallow bowl. The only draw back is that ridiculous "filter" thing. I tossed it day one, but wide open, it does hang up pipe cleaners some of the time.
Other than that, it's a perfect pipe for me, so much so, I bought another one. UPS says delivery tomorrow!
002-033-20418.jpg

shaneireland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 14, 2014
Conway, SC
www.smokingpipes.com
Nice scores! The 313 is easily one of the best Savinelli shapes.
I picked up my first Giubileo last year and it was instantly a favorite. Having been to the factory, it makes sense; the quality of their briar is unreal. My high-end Savs smoke just as well as my more expensive high grades.
Enjoy!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
@seacaptaiin: I have a pack of Savinelli 6 mm filter adaptors, with 2 left. If you want to try one, just PM me your adress, it's doubtful I'll use those other two. I made one fit in a Dunhill filter pipe, it's too wide open for my taste with the adaptor.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
Great choices. The 313/315 shapes are a favorite.
I only have one Giubileo which is a 320 Author and I love it. I might have to get a sandblasted one now after seeing yours.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I might have to get a sandblasted one now after seeing yours.
Yeah, that sandblast is hard to beat. I really love that pipe. Kinda makes me worried I won't like the smooth one as much.

buckaroo

Lifer
Sep 30, 2014
So. Cal.
I know what you mean, but I'm pretty sure once you have it you'll be quite impressed with the grain and color. If not, exchange it.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Well, I sent back the smooth finish GDO. It was a great pipe, it just wasn't quite what I wanted.
I ended up getting a Dunhill 3407 Cumberland instead. I love the Cumberland!
I dumped my Dunhill dublin and after quite a journey with several pipes bought and returned, I finally have my 3 day prince rotation done.
I have the Cumberland below, along with the GDO at the top of the thread, and also a Dunhill 3407 Bruyere. I'll have to take an actual pic and update my "beginners set up" thread.
Now if PAD kicks in, I'll have to work toward a 5 or 7 day prince rotation. :)
Dunhill-Cumberland-3407-Group-3-smoking-pipe-691-Dunhill-691-Alpascia-img-90337-w580-h164.jpg

Dunhill-Cumberland-3407-Group-3-smoking-pipe-691-Dunhill-691-Alpascia-img-90338-w580-h174.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.