PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverbend

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2014
I'm looking for a Savinelli Fitsall Pipe Reamer.
I found one at a knife show but the seller wanted $65 and I'm looking to spend closer to $30.
Anyone who can point me towards one that I buy would be appreciated.
Pete

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Actually, there's a more affordable alternative. I used to work in a bowling pro shop, and there's a tool called a bevel knife, used for rounding the edge of a hole. It's virtually identical to the Fitsall, except that the point is sharp. I bought an extra one and just ground the point off the bevel knife and have never used another reamer since. You can find bevel knives here: http://www.amazon.com/Ebonite-029744000688-Bevel-Knife/dp/B000WFF4KO
Russ

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I've been trying to find a Fitsall but it isn't in stock with any of the usual suspects. One Savinelli associated rep told me he thought they were out of production.
Pax

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Joe Fabian with Laudisi Distribution, the American distributors for this Savinelli product, tells me that the Fitsall appears to be a discontinued item. There is a glimmer of hope but I'll leave it to Joe to report the details.
Meantime, since it is no longer available, the Fitsall will be shortly proclaimed the greatest reamer ever manufactured and the rare Fitsall remaining in a Mom and Pop shop inventory will sell for $125 or more. :lol:
I think I'll look into one of the bevel knives that Russ recommended.
Pax

hedonaut

Might Stick Around
Mar 23, 2013
Howdy. I was that Sav rep. I work at Laudisi Distribution Group. We handle Savinelli, C&D (with their associated brands like Pease), as well as Kiribi lighters. I dug back through our accessories area and check out stock levels. If Savinelli still makes these, they're no longer sold on this side of the Atlantic. I suspect the only source is going to be the secondary market like ebay or pipe shows. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Status
Not open for further replies.