Savinelli Dry System 2614, Thanks baskerville!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Brother baskerville did a bit of herd thinning a little while back and one of the pipes he had up for consideration was Savinelli "Dry System" 2614.

I did not consider this pipe for a moment. I immediately purchased the thing!
IIRC Savinelli changed their shape numbering system from 4 characters to 3 in the early to mid 70's. Please please correct me as need be. So 2614 simply became 614. Anyhoo, the 614 is a favorite shape for me. The size, lines and clenchability of this shape all work perfectly for me. I had given passing thought to perhaps putting together a 7 Day set in this shape and with the addition of this pipe from baskerville, only 3 more to go!
baskerville, you must have a retort right? He said he was going to clean the pipes up before sending them out and he wasn't kidding. Clean is what this pipe was, pipe cleaner passed through came out cleaner than before it went in!!
I am not a photographer. The nickle shank cup on this pipe is practically flawless, the bits of color in the pics are all reflections. So much for the verbiage then, the pipe...
Sav2614.jpg

and here it is with its' new rackmates
614x4.jpg

Thanks Robert!!!

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Nice collection. I have 3 of the Peterson 03 shapes, two donegals and an aran. I was addicted to that shape for a while and considered a 7 day set. But, my taste have changed and I haven't smoked one in over 6 months. Think I will give them another shot tomorrow.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
So he doesn't use a retort.

Really folks, the pics I posted do not do justice to the condition that pipe was in when I received it. About as close to spotless as a smoked pipe can get! I will certainly need to step up my game with respect to cleaning mine.
"I have 3 of the Peterson 03 shapes, two donegals and an aran... considered a 7 day set..."

Another sweet one mp3. I'm looking to get a Donegal 999 or 80s to go with my Donegal 03. Those will be a simple set of 2 though!
"...I love the 614,606, and 611..."

Indeed Mark. I've got a Champagne 611 and Sherwood 6011. Finishing a bowl in the 6011 just now.

Your post had me look up the shape charts, appears the 606 is pretty much the same pipe, only an egg rather than billiard. Hmmm... future PAD...

Status
Not open for further replies.