PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnclee1

Lurker
Jul 6, 2017
Hello. Hope all are well... I have a general OCD-Driven question about the Savinelli Roma series pipes. Is the only difference between the regular Roma & the Roma Lucite, the stem? Does the regular Roma black-stemmed pipe have a red stained rim around the bowl vs. the Roma Lucite line? Does the Lucite series have the same colored bowl rim as the regular Roma line? Hope I'm not confusing you, but I sure am confusing me! Thanks for your sage answers & comments. Best, LeRoy

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Welcome! I believe that the regular Roma and the Roma Lucite have the same briar finish, including the red stained smooth rim. The Roma Lucite looks to have a slightly wider brass trim ring, and comes with colored lucite stems rather than black vulcanite like the Roma.

Clear as mud now? Look at the inventory at one of the sponsors listed in red in the column at the left, such as SmokingPipes.com.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I own a pipe from the Roma line, and it does indeed have a reddish stain on the rim. I do not own a Roma Lucite.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Orley has it right on the money. Same finish, same stain. Wider band and lucite stem instead of vulcanite.
Here are two 602 model pipes on smokingpipes.com. The first is the roma lucite and the second is the roma:
002-033-29616.jpg

002-033-27787.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.