PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Hello everyone!
First formal post aboard this wonderful community. If you wish to read my introduction post you can follow this link http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/new-members-introduce-yourself-1/page/14#post-304552. Good, now we're familiar! :)
Anyways, last night I placed an order for a new pipe and some tobacco from Smokingpipes.com (my first internet pipe order) and I'm already drooling in anticipation. For the pipe I decided upon a new Savinelli Champagne 707 KS but I haven't had too much success finding information about the Champagne line as it's not even listed on the Savinelli website.
Why did I purchase a pipe I don't know too much about? Well, Savinellis are clearly a quality brand, not prohibitively expensive, and I love the semibent billiard shape and length of this pipe. From what I can gather is that the Champagne line uses a higher grade grain than the entry level Savinellis, has a unique stain, and a brass banded stem. That's what I can tell just by the pictures however I'm wondering what all the characteristics and differences of the Champagne line are and why I can't find much mention of them.
In the meantime, here is a picture of the Savinelli I chose:
002-033-6844.jpg

Excited to be a new part of the community. Cheers!
Mark

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Thank you for that information. I'm going to be rather disappointed if the Champagne line is discontinued simply because the finish on them immediately stood out to me. I guess that I'll shoot an email over to Smoking Pipes and see what they say. I'm willing to bet I'll buy a couple more shapes in the Champagne line if they are in fact being discontinued :lol:
Of course I'll be sure to take some firsthand pictures and provide my opinions during and after the breaking in. Thanks again for the input!

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Agreed :D I did forget to mention a lot of the allure behind this purchase was the flattened heel so while I'm moving about working it will be easy to set down without having to have a stand around.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Hey Kasbah welcome!
That's a good looking pipe, I really like the finish on that.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Kasbah , welcome to the site. I love your choice of that Savinelli. It has a great classic look, and it should be a great smoker. I have never been disappointed with any Sav in my collection. One of my Sav's has a vulcanite stem and it is very comfortable, you are going to get spoiled right off the bat.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome! Seems a unanimous decision that I made a solid choice with this pipe so I must say I'm quite relieved. Already looking at what I'm adding next... :|

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
I just received a response from the customer service department at Smoking Pipes and it is true, in fact, that the Champagne line HAS been discontinued by Savinelli. None of the particular remaining designs at SP intrigue me too much but it has definitely cemented my decision that my next purchase will be another one of these beautiful Champagne models while I can still get them new. It is truly sad Savinelli chose to discontinue this gorgeous line and I'm wondering what their reasoning might be.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Beautiful pipe! I recently bought a Savinelli estate and love the way it smokes. With every pipe, I try and get just a little better quality and smoking all these different makers make smoking more fun. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.