PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
This weekend I had a chance to pick up a few more estates. I know I have been posting a lot about them lately so let me know if it gets annoying. I don't know a lot about these so if anyone has any information that would be helpful. Unfortunately two of the three aren't really my style so they will probably be going up on Briarbid after a restoration, but I couldn't let them sit in that antique shop anny longer.
On a side note when I was checking out this guy was standing by the register and said I should have been there when the lady brought in those pipes. She had dozens of Dunhills, Savinelli's, Stanwells, Ben Wades, Petersons etc. and was selling them for $15-$30 a piece!! I almost burst out into tears.
From left to right. Pipe one, Camoy's Lumberman 501. Pipe two, Savinelli punto Oro 141 KS. Pipe three, markings on the bottom of the shank Collectors Digby 501

image-8_zpsdd419b36.jpg

image-8_zps5bac3147.jpg

Does anyone know why my pictures don't stay rotated from the editing on photobucket after I post them here?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Nice pickups - congrats. I cannot give you any info on them unfortunately, but I had to laugh when you wrote this:
She had dozens of Dunhills, Savinelli's, Stanwells, Ben Wades, Petersons etc. and was selling them for $15-$30 a piece!! I almost burst out into tears.
That would have killed me too.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on finding all those pipes. Hopefully the cleaning and restoration will go well and then you can enjoy the ones you want to keep.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Well it looks like my edits finally took so it should say top to bottom now instead of left to right.
I will have to look into GBD seconds. Thank you for the info.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
I think the quarter bent one is my favorite too. That is the one I was planning on keeping.
A majority of my finds have come to me as a result of a craigslist want ad that I posted. These three did come from an antique shop though. Just post up an ad saying that you are looking for old tobacco pipes. You would be suprised how may people have them laying around thinking they are worthless. It seems that a lot of people just want to know that they are going to be fixed up because it would make their previous owner happy.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Hi guys and gals(?) just joined today..I am the proud 1st owner of a number of Comoy's from @ 1961, back when I was a student at the U of Miami in Coral Gables...worked at Kirk's Pipe Shop and had the good fortune to purchase these jems. Anyone on the board have any of these pre 1970 delights?

pepesdad1

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I have a Blue Riband that I don't know how to date. So my answer is more than likely no. But I'd sure love to see some pixs if you'd post them.
Welcome to the forums, Dad.
Fnord

Status
Not open for further replies.