PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
This poor old dog was left for dead. The only thing good it had going for it was pristine stampings. One can never have too many Savinelli bulldogs so I put it on the operating table and tried to save it.
The rim was a disaster. I knew I would have to give it a major topping and was afraid it would throw the proportions off, but after the beheading it turned out alright. I didn't have much hope for this one so I don't have any before pictures, except for a couple eBay shots.
Savinelli Oscar Aged Briar #623
JsGhW6Nl.jpg

T17Zjvol.jpg

JfoNOlQl.jpg

fPwzNfXl.jpg

XnLLeYfl.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That resto turned out really well. It still looks great after being topped and you wouldn't know it was topped if you didn't see the before pic. Nice job. :puffy:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Your resto's always look fantastic. Can you give us an idea of the time you spent on this one?

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I think the bowl proportion actually looks better with that tiny bit shaved off. I like my bulldogs wide and squatty. Superb resto.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
I can hear that pipe breathing a sigh of relief...awesome job, I love seeing what you guys can do.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks everyone. It turned out better than I thought it would.
@Peteguy, I do most of my work by hand so it takes a bit longer. I'm guessing I have about 5 hours in it.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Wonderful job. When I see these, I'm motivated to give restoration a try.
I gather that you shaved the rim to get rid of the darkening. What kind of tools were required? Pax

dolomite128

Lurker
Apr 24, 2014
Clinton, MA
dave g,
I'm calling BS! That's not the same pipe!
ha! Just kidding...your work (along with your photography skills) is top notch.
Looks like a different and BRAND NEW pipe. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.