Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm a big fan of Savs in general and I got an email about these Sav Baronets going for $50 at P&C as a special. Anybody ever had one and could offer any comments? I'm going to be placing an order with them this week to take advantage of their Escudo special, but was wondering if I should throw one of these in for the free shipping. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link so I will refrain, but they are being advertised on the site so have a look and let me know what you guys think. Thanks -Jeff

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have about 12 Savinellis and all of them are great pipes. I, for one, find their quality to be constsant and have never had a problem with any of them. IMO, for $50 it's worth a throw of the dice.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm sort of in the same camp right now. I have a couple Marxman which I believe are seconds and they are good smokers as well. I'll probably manage some restraint until this evening before giving in just to feel a bit better about it. :lol:

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I have two. They are great pipes for the price. The 316EX is merely large. The 510EX is massive and could be used as a blunt weapon. I don't know how they choose them but considering the price and the way they match the shapes of other, more expensive lines, I suspect there must be cosmetic flaws in the briar so they rusticate them. Ultimately, they are still Savinellis and they put their names on it. There are any number of Sav seconds out there so that does mean something.
If you are in the market for a large pipe, then I couldn't recommend them enough at $50. Especially, the 510EX. I like enough than I might consider buying another one.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I held out as long as I could, but I picked up this 611EX. These bent dublins are quickly becoming one of my favorite shapes.
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2267_494202938

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great looking pipe, I never had a Sav that did not smoke very well. I am sure yours will be great, congrats on your new pipe. For that kind of coin it is tough to beat.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Very nice. I'm glad the sale lasts until payday - and the Escudo is highly tempting as well!

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I also have the Savinelli Baronet 611 and I also have the 619EX.

Both pipes smoke well and can handle some over smoking abuse.

My bad, again.

I have several pipes that I abuse, I refer to them as my beater pipes.

Not a good idea, I know.

auslander

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2013
That looks a great pipe. I had a close look at the Savs when I was recently shopping for a pipe. They are well built and are consistent. I took apart and inspected about 20-30 in the shop. The thing that stopped me buying one was they were slightly over the budget I set for myself. There weren't any savs for $50 in fact none for under 100€.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Nevermind... I got a call from P&C apparently I was sold a pipe that didn't exist. Some lady on the line tried to talk me into a different one, I wasn't about to try and shop over the phone for a pipe that I didn't want. I'm really starting to dislike their service. I never had any problems before, but this is the second time... How can you not know how many are available in the first place? It just ends up ruining my good day. I guess I'll look around smoking pipes with my refund. I doubt I'll find as good a deal, but I bet there will be less hassle.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Thanks Roth. I'll keep it in mind I saw a couple on cup o' joes too, but I'm still waiting on my refund to hit my bank account. My luck that will take all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.