PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Well.... oops :mrgreen: Well this was one of the pipes I turned down in favor of the Ser Jacopo I recently purchased. But it's been gnawing at me, and I find myself returning to the site again and again and again to look at it. Each time, I'm sort of hoping someone would have purchased it. But each time, it's still there... mocking me....
So! I accidentally hit the Buy button and poof! It should be on it's way to me shortly. :mrgreen:
Normally I go for the all smooth pipes, but this one has a partial blast that really set it apart from other offerings of a similar shape and either all smooth or all blasted. In this case, the partial blast really makes the pipe. Apart from the blast, which appears quite nice and sporting some ring grain, the smooth sections show off some lovely flame grain. This wonderfully shaped freehand also sports a very nice plateau top and shank end fitted with an aggressively shaped stem which adds a very nice modern flair. I would call it an Italian pipe with some serious Danish influence, as the dublin-esque freehand is so very similar to the Danish pipes that I love.
How could I not go back for this?
photos from Pipes2Smoke
E_X_5_1_x700.jpg

E_X_5_2_x700.jpg

E_X_5_3_x700.jpg

E_X_5_4_x700.jpg

I believe this might be the last pipe I purchase for some time as I really need to focus on other things... a couple more racks, another nice tamper or two, tobacco..... uh... food :rofl:

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I had the opportunity to buy the same pipe estate but unsmoked, same shape different finish, for EUR 80. I regret to this day that I didn't pull the trigger - it sold in a heart beat. Enjoy it, Anthony ..

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
That's a beauty brother! I have looked at the autographs a few times, just haven't bought one yet. That one looks quite sharp and I love the varying finish across it. You picked a good one! Enjoy the heck out it! :puffy:

rogers

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 9, 2012
Nice pipe, Anthony. I'm not a fan of Savinelli, but if I were to buy one it would most likely be an Autograph. Their blasted and partially blasted pipes are quite appealing.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks guys :) I decided when I pulled the trigger on this one that it's going to be my Black Frigate pipe. I normally don't dedicate a pipe to one single blend, but rather to blend type. But I decided to do that with the Ser Jacopo pipe I recently purchased, with a favorite aromatic, and this one will be Black Frigate.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Beautiful pipe! I love Savinelli pipes. I would bet that you will be very surprised how light that pipe is once in hand.

Enjoy!
Don

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Very nice!
I've been looking at a few Savinellis similar in shape but haven't made the commitment yet. Maybe when my wife goes back to work from maternity leave in another month...

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Man that's a beautiful pipe. How are u guys finding these?!?!?
I don't know but I saw someone get a nice estate Sav Autograph I was watching for about $72 bucks on the bay. Looked like all it needed was a good cleaning.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Well.... oops :mrgreen:
On a side note, all I keep imagining is Anthony doing the Dumfurble Flip Flap Frigate Dance to "Oops I did it again" while cavorting about his apartment eating unicorn ice cream and wearing his favorite pirate hat!
And that's okay. A man can celebrate his finds however he sees fit, right Anthony? :rofl:
I think I'm also considering getting a new pipe some where down the road that I dedicate exclusively to BF. Just only makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.