PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
And it's freaking lovely! I'm stoked! Mindblown even! I was expecting it to arrive on May 2nd, and when I checked tracking last night it was in Chicago after originating in Canada. This morning as I was getting ready for work, it arrived here in Fort Worth Texas. I only had time to open the box and oggle it for a few minutes before leaving for work. But now I'm getting it ready for a late night smoke.
Trying to get a photo without my cellphone flash washing out the color is difficult.
NBTPvTc.jpg

OdqgkUM.jpg

lVCTwoO.jpg

eFxJzzF.jpg

R8phC5O.jpg

hjN7ODR.jpg

7xCkjkk.jpg

Wind's picking up outside, possibly a storm moving in, I have the Sav loaded up with Black Frigate for it's maiden voyage. Happy smokes everyone :puffy:

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Savinelli always make a perfect job. The interior of the bowl looks pretty dark/reddish, almost like the stained outside. Or is it just the camera?

Jan 8, 2013
The interior of the bowl looks pretty dark/reddish, almost like the stained outside. Or is it just the camera?
Nope. Pretty sure it's stained. I find it funny how when someone mentions dip staining with Peterson all the anti-Petes chime in. But mention Savinelli doing the same (as I have) and you get crickets. Here's proof. Regardless, it's smoking quite well. All I'm tasting is Black Frigate. Gets a little warmer than I prefer (so far) but not terribly so.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That grain is insane, I bet it would have been graded a 0 if it was all the way around. The blast is also very cool. I would think it will cool down once you get a nice cake in it.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
That's a very good looking pipe, there Anthony! That grain looks even better in your pics than in the first post you made about it. Love the mix of smooth and texture. I like how smooth that plateaux is as well. Some I see are too sharp for me, so seeing that smoothed down a bit looks great! Hope she smokes like a dream! Enjoy the heck out of it! :puffy:

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Oh, Lord, Anthony, Anthony, Anthony, you're killing me! If it weren't for the fact that I've got a fabuloso Preben wedged in my teeth with my 3rd favorite blend I'd probably have to kill myself. }:)
Enjoy, my brother! You know me -- any Sav is a good Sav, & an Autograph is worth your soul!
B

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Great looking pipe Anthony...and great grain! Congrats...enjoy.
an Autograph is worth your soul!
You could probably trade your soul for an Autograph on ebay.
Several years ago some dude was selling his soul on ebay. I've always wondered how that worked out for him.

Jan 8, 2013
:rofl: well I didn't sell my soul for this pipe but I might have made a trip to the crossroads... the crossroads between paid and broke :rofl:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hah! Near my house is a shopping/restaurant area called "The Crossroads". It has everything but a tobacco shop and big box stores.

Jan 8, 2013
Well regardless if it broke me or not, it was well worth it. I'll be loading it full of Black Frigate as soon as I get home tonight to smoke again while I watch Game Of Thrones. :puffy:

Jan 8, 2013
have a nice and warm summer days there down in TX,
Oh no... it won't be warm in Texas during the summer. It's going to be more akin to an oven turned on high with the door open to heat things up a bit more in hell :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.