PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
I have been searching all over the internet to find a rusticated version of the Savinelli Tundra 616 KS. The only one I could find is in the Czech Republic listed here:
Savinelli Tundra Rusticated 616 KS
There seems to be no one selling that particular pipe here in the USA. I've seen a few smooth versions being sold, but I am interested in the rusticated version with the carbon coating inside the bowl. Do any of you happen to know anyone selling the rusticated version here in the USA? Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you.

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
Unfortunately not. For most Savinelli pipes, I'd suggest: eu.pipeaporter.com . They're the official Savinelli supplier and ship around the world from Milan, though regrettably, they don't have a rusticated 616!

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
Thanks for the reply, I did check that place out. It was one that I came across in my search for the rusticated version of the 616 Tundra. I noticed they had the smooth version though. I wonder why this particular pipe I am searching for seems to be so rare. Is it an older model that has been discontinued maybe? It's a bummer either way. It's a pipe I really want to add to my collection.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
Thanks man. I really hope I can find a rusticated Tundra 616. If not, I am thinking about getting the very same one you mentioned. I've been eyeing the 616 rusticated Trevi for awhile as well. I will more than likely end up settling for that one because it too is a really nice looking pipe. The fact that you say it's one of the best smoking pipes also makes me want it more. Thanks for the feedback.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
Hey, that's true too. I've never smoked a 616 yet, but I can TELL I will enjoy it. That style has just called out to me for such a long time now. I ALMOST got one awhile back, but last minute I opted for the 320 model instead due to all the reviews I watched on youtube. Everyone that smoked them said they loved it and that it was an excellent smoking pipe. I love my 320, but I do often wonder if I should have went with the 616 instead. Either way, I will have one sooner or later. I'd LOVE to have the Trevi AND the Tundra, but from all the research i've done thus far, I don't think i'll be able to get my hands on the Tundra. I've seen a few SMOOTH style 616's but NONE of the Rusticated that I want. Only one I found was being sold in the Czech Republic and there was no selection for English on that website so yeah, more than likely won't be able to get that one. I am very curious if it's just a discontinued model or if there are just no distributors to the USA for that particular pipe. I really want it, I love the way it looks. I mean really, check this out:
dymka_savinelli_tundra_616.jpg

To me? That's a beautiful pipe. Kind of driving me nuts that I can't find anyone in the USA that sells it.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
Right?? My thoughts exactly. The stem is what sold me! It's just frustrating that I can't find one being sold here in the USA. Like I said in previous posts, the only one I have successfully found was being sold in the Czech Republic. Kind of a bummer for someone like me that doesn't speak the language, otherwise I'd just order it and have it shipped over seas to me. Would solve the entire problem.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
You may have to find one on ebay. I recently got a Savinelli 412 KS Polo off ebay. As a Savinelli fan I had never seen this line of pipe before. I checked several of the popular online retailers and none of them had that line. The only online retailer I found that had the Polo line was the Danish Pipe Shop, so it is possible that that line is just not available to US distributors. That's just a guess though.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
Yeah, I haven't checked ebay yet, but I very well may do that. At least keep an eye out there to see if one ever becomes available to bid on. I think you're probably right though, the rusticated version of the Tundra 616 probably just isn't available to the US distributors. It's a shame if that's the case. I did manage to find a few other Tundra's though that WERE rusticated and sold in the USA, but they weren't the 616 model. One of them was a 320 and I can't remember the other, but it wasn't a 616. So I know SOME of that line IS being sold here in the USA. Boggles my mind why the rest aren't though. Just the way it goes I suppose.

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
Well, I contacted someone that then contacted Savinelli and the Rusticated Tundra 616 has indeed been discontinued. What a shame. Really sad to find that out. Ahh well, I am currently trying to get my hands on a coated bowl version of the Savinelli Trevi 616 KS. As long as I can get a 616 i'm happy. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, here's a long-shot, but worth a try. Most online retailers move their inventory fairly quickly. I'd try Iwan Ries, because they advertise that they have a much larger inventory than what's shown, they are one of the oldest pipe retailers in the U.S., and they have long lines of communication and might be able to locate a pipe, or encounter one. It could take them a while, but they might find one before you do. Just a thought. They might shrug and just say no, but they could also contact you later with a pipe.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Man, I pride myself on being able to find anything, so I've been searching for you. Sorry, no luck. I can't locate a rusticated 616. Darn near every other Tundra, but not that one! Arrrgh!

kornfreak78

Lurker
Mar 26, 2016
Urbana, IL
Man, I pride myself on being able to find anything, so I've been searching for you. Sorry, no luck. I can't locate a rusticated 616. Darn near every other Tundra, but not that one! Arrrgh!
Thanks for trying, I appreciate it. Yeah... every source I have checked has come up empty. I even had a few pipe retailers check for me and they said that Savinelli has discontinued the rusticated tundra 616. There are still a few smooth version available here and there, but no more rusticated versions. It's a shame, it's a beautiful pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.