PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidg

Lurker
May 27, 2012
Hi,
I just purchased a new Savinelli 320 ex. It did not come with the filters I've since read ought to have been included. I've not yet opened it to see if there's one inside already, the shop said that if there is one inside, they'll provide me with ten more. Your advice or thoughts please.

Thanks, davidg

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
My advice is open it and see if there is a filter. If there is throw it (the filter) away. Load it up and smoke. Would like to add that is my favorite pipe shape on the market. Great buy!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
If you're not going to use the filter, I'd be more concerned and check if it has the filter eliminator tube in it or floating around in the box. Personally, I use the balsa filters in the Savinellis.

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
+1 brewshooter.

I use the sav. with balsa, i dont notice if it is there or not unless i do 3 bowls with the same filter i get a stale odor. I've heard some people go 5-6 with the same filter, some change every bowl. I figured i'd split the diff.

P.S. the eliminator tube is about 1.25 inches long and simply a black tube that about 1/4 inch round, easy to miss.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Ditto everyone else. The first thing I do is toss the filters and I have about 10 Savinellis. They smoke great without the filters and I've never had an issue. Enjoy your new pipe.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I like the filters with some blends in the my Savs. I say try it and if there is one decide if ya like it. These filters and my Brigham filters are the only ones I can stand to use.

davidg

Lurker
May 27, 2012
Thank you all. I'm not familiar with navigating here and only now saw your comments. Thanks again.

(No filter with this "model", doing well without).

Status
Not open for further replies.