PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I just got this. I like darker stained pipes so I wasn't sure how much I would like it but I think it's even nicer in hand and will be a keeper. (which means I'll be getting rid of another pipe soon) :)
It's the lightest stained pipe in my set now, even lighter in hand than in the pic. I think I'll dedicate it to English blends.
002-033-28267.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have the Oscar Lucite version, and I agree it is a good choice for English blends, with a broad bowl to burn all of the constituent tobaccos at once, it really gives top results for English blends, most especially the ones with four or more kinds of leaf. That is a really handsome pipe. The Sav pot 122 had a good broad bowl and serves a similar purpose.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Beautiful pipe, nice birdies!
I should probably clarify that this is a pic of a current pipe for sale at SP. I bought a different one from them. I'm too lazy to take a pic of mine. :)

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Nice pipe. Do you keep the filter in or take it out to smoke? Really wondering if a pipe like that will be affected if the filter is removed. I do it for old estates, but didn't know if it makes a difference for new pipes.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Nice pipe. Do you keep the filter in or take it out to smoke? Really wondering if a pipe like that will be affected if the filter is removed. I do it for old estates, but didn't know if it makes a difference for new pipes.
I used to smoke without the filter, but I use them now. They do absorb quite a bit of moisture. It will smoke a bit more open without them but the difference isn't really that noticeable.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't mind the balsa filter, but I usually smoke my Savs with an adaptor. Without either, the draw is a little too open and the flavor not focused enough for me, but you can indeed suit yourself. Sav makes exceptionally pretty pipes; if they were made by a carver instead of at the factory, people would acclaim the artistry I think.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
That is a nice looking pipe! I have the same but is a Qandale that not only is my most beautiful pipe, but I'm also fairly certain it is magic when it comes to smoking.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Truly Handsome looking pipe,I have similar but a bit narrower chambered Comoy's(sans Filtre) can't smoke savinelli without putting adapter or balsas in, just by the same reason Mso489 described above.Ps,Looks like the stem was performed beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.