PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When I went online at smokingpipes.com for Savenelli No-Filter Adaptors (the pass through plug that replaces

their balsa filter for a no-filter pipe) and don't find it under accessories. Yet when I Google the subject, I come

up with a SP entry showing a pack of five for four dollars. Is this an old entry dredged by the search program from

the past? Are these adaptors generally available online? If so, where? Am I missing them at SP?

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Here 'ya go;
http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=77100

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
Try this: Type "pipe adapter" into the search bar on the Smokingpipes.com website.

The Savinelli 6mm Adapter (5 pack) pops right up. This is the same link that Google provides when you search them. The link is active, current, and fully usable. You can use either link to add them to your cart. Hope that helps!
Link: http://www.smokingpipes.com/accessories/pipe-supplies/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=77100

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you guys. That solves it. 'Guess I'll order a pack of adaptors and a tin or two, to make it worth the shipping.

Mar 1, 2014
I really don't see the point of filling an empty space in an air passage.

Above Mach1 it would matter, but this seems like a way to make cleaning harder more than anything (unless you don't take your pipe apart every day, which now that I think of it would actually be a good reason to use one).

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I really don't see the point of filling an empty space in an air passage.
Some of the tenons can be quite thin due to the pipes shank design. Because of this I'd be afraid that with out the added bolster of the filter or adapter that the thinner tenons might break or deform. I have had a problem with some of the adaptors that they don't line up with the air hole. So they don't pass a cleaner as easy as they would with out it.

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
I have a couple of Savs that are so open without a filter or adapter that I can't seem to generated enough draw velocity in the chamber to keep the cherry lit. I use the filters exclusively since they do exactly what I want them to do and are dirt cheap. They do a superb job of taming the draw and absorbing moisture/gunk without affecting flavor. I bought a big box of 300 of them for thirty bucks that should last me a couple of years at least since I have a one-a-day pipe rotation in hand of well over a month. At only a dime a pop they are cheap enough for me to not want to bother with sourcing balsa triangle stock from the hobby store and cutting my own.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think in terms of smoking without a filter or adaptor damaging the pipe, rather that if the airway is two wide, it gets too much air in the mix and thins out the flavor. I don't want a tight draw, but I want the smoke somewhat focused. The Sav adaptor does that nicely. I know some smoke filter pipes without a filter or adaptor; I guess it depends on the pipe. Mostly, I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.