PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Packaging seems important on sites like eBay, so I've been saving special pipe boxes, like those that come with Peterson. But is this necessary? I don't really have the room for all these boxes, and they seem to waste more space than anything else.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Save about three or four in slightly different sizes and some pipe socks to go with 'em in case you need to mail a burner to someone.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
My vote, one large box with them stashed away. I so save everything though so you may not want to listen to me. :rofl:

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I have OCD so I'm a moderate hoarder and I keep everything to do with my pipes. Boxes, socks, leaflets, filters/inner tubes I'll never use - the lot. They've been really useful when I want to sell or gift pipes, when sending them, and when travelling. The same with bubble wrap that is used to wrap estates I buy. The big box for little boxes works, although I have a corner on a shelf that does the same and allows me to find them without cursing while I search through piles of boxes!
Andy

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thank you, gentlemen. In short, the packaging has no actual value as it relates to the pipe itself. I do keep a large box to store mailing materials, and pipe boxes are useful in this regard. But it sounds like I don't have to worry about storing boxes just because someone wants a given pipe that I want to sell. And the socks are easy to store, obviously. Thanks for your input.

gregprince

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2014
I keep everything in several boxes in the barn. But then, I have the space for it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I save the boxes, socks and whatever else cam with the pipes. Everything is in one box in my basement just in case I ever move them on to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.