PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
They're an American tradition..What would a lunch box be without them? My local super market just put out the last Twinkies they have.They don't know when or even if they will have any more..I hope someone steps up and saves them.Life has enough stress without this.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
They'll be back, perhaps we wont even notice them being gone. For how big of an icon most of Hostess's treats are I'm sure someone will pick up the production of them.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Agreed, it wont be more then a hiccup in production; I suspect that one of the other food production giants has already tentatively agreed to purchase the brandings and recipes and are just waiting for the bankruptcy-courts to approve the liquidation of Hostess' assets. I'm almost positive we will be seeing Nabisco (Kraft/Christie - coincidentally, Nabisco was owned at one point by both RJ Reynolds Co. [1985], then by Phillip Morris Co. [2000]) or Hormel (or some other food-giant) branded Twinkies, Snoballs etc. before the year is out.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Not a fan at all so this doesn't bother me in the slightest... but then again Im not a big sweets person. :D
Because of all my years of training I have always been taught to stay away from these foods and eat good whole organic foods... and because of that I don't even like the taste of allot of these processed foods now... hell my kids don't even eat these.

Now don't go thinking I eat all dainty and shit... cause I eat like a beast! Place a big ass rare 16oz Elk or Venison steak in front of me and I turn into a werewolf! :lol:

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
According to recent developments Hostess and the striking workers have agreed to enter mediation. This may mean Hostess lives on, but we'll have to wait and see.

kb7get

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
Canada is still making twinkies. Meet a member from there at the border. Bring tobacco. :lol:

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Schmitzbitz, you are right on the money there. The birds of prey are circling Hostess as we speak and as soon as they are pronounced dead, their competitors will have a field day...
I don't think it is a big loss because I find that stuff disgusting but there's a dollar to me made from the Twinkie brand so you won't see that product line lie dormant for very long...

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
Twinkies taste horrible, if I ever want anything like that I hit up a proper bakery or make my own treats. I'm not sad to see them go one bit. Now if somehow I couldn't make my whisky infused chocolate eclair then I would have some issues!

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
When my son was five years old we did a time capsule, we buried a box containing special items of his along with two Twinkies. We agreed to leave it untouched until he turned 21. In the spring of 2000 we dug it up. The little cars he buried were oxidized but the Twinkies were just as they were when we buried them 20 years earlier! I mean it, they were soft and moist, and smelled just as if they were opened fresh!! We couldn't bring ourselves to eat one but they seemed to be just fine!!!

acme

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2011
@kb7get You best get out and buy up what you can. Those twoikies might keep you in pipes and tobacco for decades.
@mangers 16 years in the ground! I don't think that there are any other foods that an do that. I have some cans of food in my kitchen that I have opened, not much of a housekeeper, and some of them are probably still food, but they don't look good.
Twinkies may keep as well as baseball cards!
anthony

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Bimbo of Mexico will buy them and keep making Twinkies and Ding Dongs . Bimbo probabley already owns your bread factory and you did not know it .

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
This makes me sad, I wasn't a fan of the twinkies, but they did other things I did like... As a kid, that company was big news, I never would have thought this company would go bankrupt! This reminds me of that zombie movie with the guy that was crazy about twinkies and finally got one at the end of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.