Savannah Kitten Discovers Reef Aquarium... wait for it...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
She will be back to try again. If it were me, I'd rig a big plastic fish head with open jaws at the bottom of the tank on an arm so that with the release of a trip, it will come launching up at your cat like a barracuda! Get that on video! :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
How deftly she extricated herself from the dunking. I'm not sure she even used both forelimbs. She's a primo athlete. She meowed, but it was hardly total surprise or alarm. More of a quiet "damn." She's a very cool customer.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You never know. Some breeds of cats, and some individual cats, tolerate or even like the water. I believe Tigers swim, to cross water or to hunt game in the water. Jaguars hunt crocodile-like animals, with their jaws capable of 700 pounds of pressure. I had an Abyssinian tabby who, though he didn't swim, would not shelter in the rain, but would do his hunting and roving and come back and let me towel him off. He had a sturdy undercoat, though short-haired, and was not demoralized by being wet in the least. It was like he'd had a nice swim. Most cats hunker down under a car, porch, shed, or bush and wait out rain, but you never know. Savannah may be warming up for a nice swim in that aquarium.

Status
Not open for further replies.