PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
Hey everyone... So I have been drooling over the Savinelli author shaped pipes for months. With my birthday coming up soon, it's finally time. I'm going to pull the trigger.
I guess the input I'm looking for is what the difference is between the 320 and the 321. I'm not thinking of buying this with the thought of clenching. I know that ain't happening. I'm not looking at the EX or whatever the jumbo is - the whole 'huge bowl' thing is not what I'm after as much as that sexy author shape. I also don't want the Rossi. For a few bucks more I'd rather get the real thing. So what do you all think? Especially helpful would be those who could compare and contrast the 320 and 321. Thanks.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I didn't think I was into the BIG bowls either but I bought one and the more I smoke it the more I like it. For me it it is a cooler, better smoke and now I'm on a quest to get more but hey, any excuse to buy more pipes, right?

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
I didn't think I was into the BIG bowls either but I bought one and the more I smoke it the more I like it. For me it it is a cooler, better smoke and now I'm on a quest to get more but hey, any excuse to buy more pipes, right?
EXACTLY right!!!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
I have had the Savinelli 321 dolomite, just right small to medium bowl size ,and very 'user-friendly, multipurpose pipe while traveling, driving exetera .

but as for this very author shape in general,lemme put it this way,one likes others don't, myself I wouldn't buy the bigger brother 320 finding it being somewhat clumsy and overweight.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
I have both and enjoy both. The 320 is a commitment smoke for me. I pack tight and drier so I get a lot in a 320 bowl and it lasts forever. The 321 is more user friendly for me when I am going blend to blend, bowl to bowl on any given day.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have 4 Sav320s and 1 Rossi 320, and LOVE them. One of the few briars I will smoke...

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I been eyeballing the 320 321 for a while i think the 321 might be just a tiny bit smaller i own neither just from my bit of research

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just on paper, it sounds a little heavy for the length and size bowl pipe, but owners never say anything bad, or few do. It's one of the most popular pipe brands/shapes.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I have both and they are wonderful pipes. Both are clenchable, the 321 a little more so. Visually the 320 does not seem much bigger than the 321 but in the hand, the difference is noticeable. Both come highly recommended from me.

Jan 8, 2013
I haven't a 321, but I have four 320 and I'm planning on more. I think every pipe smoker should have at least one. Fantastic pipes.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Over Christmas I took delivery of a Stanwell Royal Guard 186.....it dwarfs my Savinelli Oscar Tiger 326 which I thought was a decent size before! Not smoked the new one yet but sounds like I have a good smoking experience to look forward to if the previous comments from you guys are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.