PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Hey guys,
Where do I go to have a PAD/TAD attack in San Francisco?
D :puffy:

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Piedmont Tobacconist is pretty cool. They have a lot of good bulks from good blenders and a nice selection of tins and pipes. You can really find a treasure in aged tobacco if you look. Another plus is the woman that owns the shop is very knowledgable and nice.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
If you can drive a little ways out of San Francisco to the San Jose area, there's a couple of really nice shops out there. All of them are worth a little drive on a weekend afternoon:
Mission Pipe Shop on the Alameda in San Jose

Smokers Paradise on Union Avenue (south) San Jose

And my favorite:

Edward's Pipe and Tobacco on El Camino Real in Los Altos. It always has some guys hanging out and smoking a pipe. Great place to hang out, light up a bowl and shoot the breeze.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
With the closing of Grant's Pipe Shop, the only place downtown in the financial district I can think of is The Humidor, formerly Marty Pulvers old Sherlock's Haven. They have some okay tins, not a lot of pipes. There is also Telford's in Mill Valley, north of the city.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Last time I was at Piedmont the lady let went into the back in her personal stash and let me sample 1996 Christmas Cheer, I was pretty blown away. They also have McClleland tins that are aged and still marked at the old $11.75 price.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Thanks guys! Now I just need to get my gf to let me drive to one of those. :) or to all of them!
XD

Status
Not open for further replies.