PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys.

As you know I'm primarily an Aromatic smoker. However; I got a wild hair and cracked a tin of Samuel Gawith Skiff Mixture.

At first, I thought WT....?!!!! This isn't what I had preconceived.

I figured that there would be a hint of Turkish, and other Orientals, followed by a kick of Latakia. (Lah-tak-EEEEEya for those that didn't know that it's actually Southern word.) :D

I was totally surprised. While I was planting some Super Hots that my Nephew had managed to start. (I have no clue as to which species they are.) I packed a bowl in my one and only Sasieni and I proceeded to get a serious case of the spins. Wheeeeee! :D

I wasn't sure I actually liked it. Even Balkans seem to be a bit more mellow than that first bowl... 8O

But..... As I have progressed through the tin (which has been open [lid off] for three days) it's finally drying out enough to be a quite respectable smoke. The humididididididity has been continuously in the 70 to 90% range, so even inside the home-20 it's been difficult to dry.....

I have to say, without any real serious analysis....

This ain't bad......

:puffy:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Welcome aboard Lawrence!! Skiff has been a go to blend for me for awhile now!!! (See what I did??)

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome aboard Lawrence!! :rofl:
I'm not a newbie to "Lah-tak-EEEEEya" but, this threw me a curve.

I like it....

I knew it was going to be good when (outside) the War Department said: "You're smokin' that stinky stuff again."

:D

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
I got my first tin of Skiff Mixture from my favorite local B & M a few weeks ago, and am enjoying it. No spins though. :) Like other Samuel Gawith tobaccos I've tried, Skiff does benefit from a little drying-- much more flavorful than when the tin is first opened and it's a tad moist.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
This is an excellent blend. I don't smoke it often enough. Definitely give it some decent drying time when the humidity subsides, and it will brighten it up a bit.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
I ordered a tin of this yesterday. Can't wait to smoke some.

Status
Not open for further replies.