PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
What does the new packaging look like since the EU started requiring those graphic images? I heard that they had found a way to get around those photos for the tins and boxes they were shipping to the states?

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
What I’ve seem lately with EU gawith tins is they put a light cardboard sleeve over the tin with the warning, leaving the tin art in tact

dunstanhillwell62

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2017
Denmark
It seems that the cardbox box is mostly/solely used in the UK. Here in Denmark, we have the idiot labels put directly on the tin, as they have in Germany as well.

So far, we have no distasteful images of gangrened toes or unborn children in ashtrays on the tobacco tins, but who knows for how long.
samuel-gawith-with-idiot-label.jpg

:puffy:

dunstanhillwell62

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2017
Denmark
Similar to images on cigarette packages here in Canada I'm guessing
We have the distasteful images and the idiot labels on cigarette packs here in Denmark as well.
According to EU laws, images and warning labels on packages should not be removable.
Up until some time last year, the idiot labels were removable on the Dunhill - and the McConnell tins, but now they're printed directly on the Dunhill tin labels. You can still peel them off McConnells, though.
:puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.