PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
FYI All,

Some sites have some SG blends back in stock...smokingpipes.com and iwanries.com
Stay Thirsty My Friends

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
As they should. If I remember, SG had some issues with the importing laws of the US and was hoping to have the issues handled sometime this month. My only hope is that people don't start hoarding SG tobacco like they have some Esoterica blends.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I bought 4 50g tins last night,thanks to smokingdragon,now wishing I had bought at smokingpipes,they are $3.00 cheaper on the tin... :roll:

Jul 12, 2011
Smokingpipes.com always seems to be cheaper (when they have the stock) I purchased from pipesandcigars on Friday at $2./more per tin....smoking

SL first time in last few days and I will say that $2 or $3 or even $4 more per tin still worth it IMO :) u did good fullbent...enjoy the SL

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Yeah, that would have to happen right after I pulled the trigger on an order the other day... bet it'll all be gone before I can get the money for my next order. :cry:

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I got an email yesterday from smokingpipes.com saying that they had gotten in a limited quantity and that they weren't putting it up on the website unless/until they got through the people on the waiting list.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Meh. Smokingpipes doesn't have any of the blends I'm interested in, so it's no loss for me. This DOES mean that I have to start hitting the B&M's again to see if they got any in... I could use some more Fire Dance Flake and I want to try Grousemoor this time around. While I think about it, I could also stand to get more FVF for the cellar.
-Jason

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
The lakeland flake I have is a SG the owner of stag tobacconist had just gotten it in and said i should try it. its alright but I could take it or leave it. Maybe i should offer it for trade I prob have an ounce and o half left if not more I only had 2 bowls of it.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Meh. Smokingpipes doesn't have any of the blends I'm interested in, so it's no loss for me. This DOES mean that I have to start hitting the B&M's again to see if they got any in... I could use some more Fire Dance Flake and I want to try Grousemoor this time around. While I think about it, I could also stand to get more FVF for the cellar.
I was already full up on Squadron Leader, but my local B&M had tins of almost every blend, except FVF. I grabbed one each of Skiff Mixture, Perfection and Grousemoor. I had the Fire Dance Flake in my hand, but decided to limit myself to three tins.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Of all the SG blends that I've tried, I think FDF (Fire Dance Flake) is my favorite. FVF second and Kendal Cream third. Perfection is OK, but takes FOREVER to dry out and if you don't wt long enough it won't stay lit for nothin'! Best Brown is a decent enough smoke if a bit boring. Which is kinda telling, since many say Lane 1-Q is a bland, boring blend, and I think it's great! I have yet to get any Squadron Leader or Commonwealth (those are on the list), but next week I'm getting that tin of Bracken Flake if it's still there. If it sticks around long enough, I'll pick up a tin of Westmorland. I think I'll steer clear of the Black XX. I like to smoke my pipes upright and not passed out on the floor, thank you.
-Jason

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from grabbing something on Thursday in preparation for camping. Maybe I'll luck out and someone will buy up all of the SG stock before I get there. Yeah. OK. I'll keep dreaming.
-Jason

maduroman

May 15, 2010
i love the SG stuff.... but chasing after it is a pain in the butt.
so, if i see it when i go to order i'll buy it.... i am not going to make a special effort to find it anymore...

whvaughn

Lurker
Sep 21, 2011
Wow, I do love Commonwealth, but that's pricey. Quick note- I recently went on a huge tobacco shopping spree so I'm not in a position to buy/order more at the moment (I'm happily married and would prefer to keep it that way), I recently received "In Stock" updates from JR's Cigars that SG FVF is back in stock. This message came through a couple days ago. My sense is that if FVF is back in stock, many of the other SG blends are likely to be also. Note- I've never actually shopped from them so I cannot speak to the quality of service, etc.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
5 bucks an ounce is B&M prices for bulk tobacco over here in TX. I hope it's worth it hobie. Havn't tried that stuff yet but i'm sure I will eventually.
Welcome to the forums whvaughn!

Status
Not open for further replies.