PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
I am in discovery phase of plugs and aromatics so I got in addition to the FVP and St James plugs (which are delicious) also the Grousemoor plug. Honestly I did not have too high expectations about the Grousemoor and the main reason I got it is because it is one of the oldest if not the oldest blend. Anyway I love the Grousemoor plug, both the underlying baccy as well as the flavor which I would best describe, as already said in other posts, of baked biscuits (less floral in my view where Ennerdale I would consider most floral).

So now I am thinking about getting other SG aromatics plugs and the ones I am thinking are the Cannon plug and the RB plug. The question is if they are unique enough to warrant getting them. Particularly reading reviews it looks like the Cannon plug might be similar to the Grousemoor, so is it different and if yes in which way from it? And the RB plug looks might be a toned down 1792/cob plug which might not be a bad thing given I am sensitive to high nic baccy.

So any advice?

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
Cannon Plug is a completely different animal compared to Grousemoor Plug. Cannon has a more "musk" like flavour and much heavier.
RB Plug has an almost "hippy" like incense essence that varies greatly from 1792/Cob Plug. No two are quite alike imho, but are worthy of investigation if you're into such things.
The SG Special Flakes numbers 1 through 7 are unique as well. Synjeco's usually carries these, but I'm not sure if they still ship to the US. Been a while since I have ordered from them.

64alex

May 10, 2016
Thanks, it sounds I will get them given the description. Yes, Sinjeco still ship to US (at least for now), one more reason to buy while still possible to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.