PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samw74

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2017
New York , NY
This straight Virginia consists of dark and light brown, very long flakes. I estimate it’s length is similar to a standard hardcover book. The flakes come very wet and I recommend drying them.
I sense hay, grass and wet earth. They can be folded and stuffed, or rubbed out. Either works well, but a loose pack is recommended.
I’ve smoked it in various briars and cobs. It can be smoked fresh or aged, and never disappoints. It burns very slow, so make sure you have at least an hour or more. It smokes and tastes great. If your into full body Virginia’s, I highly recommend it.

opus777

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 12, 2018
SGFVF is one of my favorite flake tobacco, better to me when completely dried out and crumble/gravity feed into pipe.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Thanks for the timely info. Just finally scored my first tin of this.
jay-roger.jpg

ccdeere

Might Stick Around
May 15, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
A nice and enjoyable Virginia...if you are a fan of Virginias I don't think you can go wrong with this one...not sure it is a standout, but a good smoke nonetheless.

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
A nice and enjoyable Virginia...if you are a fan of Virginias I don't think you can go wrong with this one...not sure it is a standout, but a good smoke nonetheless.
It's definitely a standout with a few years of age on it. :puffy:

floridapipeman

Might Stick Around
Jun 3, 2018
Excellent tobacco! I just found some Plug boxes I had forgotten about in my cellar. Guess I'll have to light them up again. Haven't had them in a while. What am I doing typing here! Cya later.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
For some odd reason I have shied away from flake tobacco lately, simply for the reason that I don't have one to one and a half hours to smoke. I have been meaning to try SGFV but I guess I need to knock out more of my already stored flake .. I appreciate the review, non the less !

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
I really enjoy SG FVF. Smoking some that I cube cut right now actually. I jarred up a box I just received yesterday that I plan to let sit for a few years before I dip into em again.
Thx for the review; seconded for sure

acaciavet

Lurker
Sep 8, 2009
The Nicotine level is off the charts. I got so sick from this I actually took the Tin out in the field and blew the crap out of it with my 12ga,Pure shit!

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
The nicotine level in FVF is about medium.
+1
Though I will say the greenest I’ve turned from Mistress Nico, and I love Nightcap, is from happy puffing a large bowl of “mild to medium” strength straight VA .... :mrgreen:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake is one of the finest blends in the world. I am currently smoking some 2004 and it has aged incredibly well. If you can find it jump on it as there are few Va flakes on the market that are in it's league.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"The Nicotine level is off the charts. I got so sick from this I actually took the Tin out in the field and blew the crap out of it with my 12ga,Pure shit!"
This post is clearly a joke.
FVF is quite simply the finest straight Virginia Flake on sale at this current time. McClelland straight Virginias were ok but they lacked the oomph in the flavour department.
As for FVF being super strong in nicotine :rofl:
Regards,
Jay.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I love some SGFVF! It is very wet and a little drying time does it some good. One of the more fuller flavored virginias on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.