PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Does anyone know where to get Brown Sugar Flake in the US? I have read that it is not imported but I figured I would ask before giving up.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
It was here in very limited amounts when it was first released, what 2 years ago or so...? I don't believe it's been here since.
See,
https://www.danishpipeshop.com/d/Samuel-Gawith-Pipe-Tobacco-B-S-Flake-i1630.html
:)

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
This blend is a minor frustration of mine. I managed to get a couple of tins when it appeared listed on a tobacconist website here in the UK. After I had fallen for it, it promptly disappeared then leaving the only route to it being the Danish Pipe Shop in Denmark. Now that they won't ship out of the country, probably because of interfering busybodies, it's impossible for me to get so I would be interested to hear of anywhere else that sells it. I hope I'm wrong but it does seem an exclusive to them, though.
Due to European BS, I don't believe it is called Brown Sugar Flake any longer. BS Flake?
I fixed that for you. And yes, it is BS flake.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
BS Flake is no longer available in the U.S.
You have to get it from Denmark. Possibly some still available in the EU at large, but mainly only available at the Danish Pipe Shop. This is due to new laws in that country and described here in prior post. I bought tins last year when I was there and flew home with them, that is allowed. But no direct shipping is permissible.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Ok. Thanks. I will continue my search to see what the hype is all about.
Is it allowed to try and have a Danish member here send me a couple of tins or does that violate some law or rule?

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
The shipment was, as I recall, was a mistake. B.S. Flake was made by Gawith specifically for the Danish Pipe Shop. Somebody goofed somewhere and somehow the importer was allowed to order it and it was shipped. That's the basic story, anyhow. That's why you don't see it available. It's no longer listed on the importers site either.
E.

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
Does anyone know if it is possible to ship this from Denmark to Germany? I would like to try some, but I don't plan to drive all the way to Denmark just to pick up a few tins.

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
Well that's a pity. I guess being in the EU doesn't count for much in the tobacco world.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
They made a statement on their website saying that they don't have the manpower to monitor the ever-changing tobacco laws around the world, and after having gotten in trouble several times they chose to skip tobacco exports altogether.

jrenko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2016
Scandinavia
It's sad that The Danish Pipeshop Don't ship outside Denmark anymore, lucky me i have a few tins in my cellar a will pick up a few more in March and this coming summer.

I bet that it was to become a huge success if avalible everywere. It's a fantastic blend if you ask me and i was just blown away of how good it was when i first tasted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.