PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
Smoking Pipes has tins of FVF, Best Brown, Skiff and Squadron in stock if anyone was looking for them.

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I'd suggest they are passing on across the board increases. Globally, all tobacco has gone up. When the euro tobacco comes back into stock, expect increases there too.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Boycott that crap imo. Imposed rationing, false scarcity and a price increase? There’s something as good or better and now cheaper in every category that is readily available.

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
false scarcity
You're suggesting the scarcity (at least in the US) is not real? Every online retailer has had bare shelves for months.

And those who did get stock in recently sold out in hours.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I purchased a good bit around 4 weeks back. There was no bag limit. They’ve received a resupply and there is now a bag limit of 2. Does limiting supply decrease demand?
S.Gawith is not the production power-house that is MacBaran’s, neither are they the gimp that is Esoterica.Supply since the consolidation by G.Hoggarth has been pretty consistently cyclical. Dry spots followed by supply sitting on shelves. There have been supply delays across Europe following new labeling policy. This is not a leaf shortage.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
JB all yours!
Postal carrier literally just delivered a big box of new tasty’s! All new things. Couldn’t resist cracking open one or two. The tin note from hh Burley Flake is damned succulent.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
WOW, bitching about jacked prices and limits. When (not if) the internet taxes kick in these are going to be the good old days. Ask our friends in Canada an Europe what they think of $10 tins available delivered to their doors.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Got my allotment of Cabbies Mixture. I’ll pay 10$US all day long. FVF tins cost 55.00$ at my BnM.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I'm not sure how anyone could argue that prices are too high when product sells out in hours. The economist in me says that prices are not high enough. If retail on a box of FVF is $44, why on earth are online retailers knocking $10 off of a scarce sku?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I just went through my order history. Prices are the same as they were last year. :crazy:

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I was going to buy a tin of Full VA Flake, but then decided to buy a tin of sardines since the drying time is less than half.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Don't confuse me with facts when my mind is already made up lol!
:nana:
I was going to buy a tin of Full VA Flake, but then decided to buy a tin of sardines since the drying time is less than half.
Isn't that the truth!

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
just went through my order history. Prices are the same as they were last year. :crazy:

I just tried that. All I could see was the total price of an order and a listing of the contents with no prices attached. If you follow the link it takes you to the current product page which, of course, lists the current price. This is easy if you have an in-stock one item order but if you have a bunch, like I always do, it’s pretty hard.
I was a able to track down a shipping slip that included an s.g. tin and is currently in stock so a point of comparison. Not a great one though as you’ll see. I paid 7.59 for Lakeland dark on 2/21/18. It’s currently 10.25. Adjusted for the ipsd 10% discount that brings the tin to 8.35.
I couldn’t track down my June slip.
Anyone that is happy to pay more is welcome to do so and probably deserves to do so.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
Once again, Smokingpipes.com has successfully separated me from my allowance. On the up side, I am now content that my Sam Gawith inventory is at a satisfactory level. :puffy:
Cheers,
Chili

Status
Not open for further replies.